Two global themes are included in Live Forms v5.1.1. They are Nouveau and Nouveau Blue. Global Themes cannot be added or deleted via the Live Forms UI. The Nouveau and Nouveau Blue Themes give your form a clear or blue background, respectively and both themes are particularly suited to mobile forms. Global Themes are not included when an application is downloaded.
Create a Custom Theme
Use one of the Live Forms global themes as a starting point to create a custom theme.
To create a customized theme for a form, follow these basic steps. Some steps require more elaboration and are explained in detail below.
- Download Live Forms global themes (for example, nouveau blue or nouveau) and save the zip file to your desktop. one of
- Unzip the zip file.
- There are several look and feel files in the theme. You can find a list and description of them here. It is recommended that you make and save your custom css changes in the file called common.css—to minimize manual migration steps when upgrading to a new release. Examples of Common Customizations can be found here.
- Zip the files back as they were. (In other words, don’t use a different directory structure or forget to include files you didn't edit.)
- Upload the zip file to Live Forms as an Application or Designer Theme by clicking the New icon on the appropriate screen.
- Create a new form and choose the custom theme from the new form wizard (or if you are editing an existing form, replace the current theme with your newly customized theme).
It is recommended that you make and save your custom css changes in the file called common.css. This will minimize manual migration steps when upgrading to a new release.
On This page:
There are two types of custom themes: Application Themes and Designer Themes. Customized themes are created by the designer by modifying a global theme as explained above. Custom themes can be uploaded in two places: the Themes tab on the designer's Home page or the Themes tab that displays when you edit an application. A custom theme that is uploaded on the designers Home page theme tab will be considered a Designer Theme.
A custom theme uploaded using the Themes tab that displays when you edit an application will be considered an Application Theme.
Application themes are included when an application is downloaded/uploaded. Transferring an application and all the associated themes to a different location can now be accomplished in one step. For example, an application that is downloaded from your test server and uploaded to your production server will contain all the themes applied to the forms in the application provided these themes were uploaded as Application themes.
To upload a custom theme to an application, follow the steps below:
- Create the custom theme using the steps listed above.
- On the Live Forms Application Home Page, click the Edit icon then click on the Themes tab. Upload the theme by clicking the New icon. Fill in the theme name and description fields if desired:
If you do not provide a name for the application theme, it will still be successfully uploaded and Live Forms will assign the theme with a default name. The image below shows the "Picasso Professional" uploaded when the name field on the Upload Theme screen is left blank. The theme is loaded with a name of Theme 6. Themes can be selected dynamically by using the URL parameter, _themeId. Refer to Using / Editing Customized Themes for the details.
You can edit the the theme name to something that will be more meaningful and provide a description by clicking on theedit icon. Click the Update button to save your changes. Click the Remove icon to delete the theme and the Download icon to download the theme. Theme 6 has been renamed to Theme for Mobile Forms in the image below.
When creating a new form, the application theme is listed under App Themes in the theme dropdown in the new form wizard. It is also shown as a choice when you access the Theme dropdown on the form's Style property tab.
Refer to Using / Editing Customized Themes for more information.
The download of a form that has an application theme applied to it will contain the theme. If this form is uploaded to a different application, which does not contain the theme, the theme will automatically be installed in the new application. If the theme already exists in the application you are uploading the form to, it will not be installed again. Uploading a form using an application theme that is already installed, will have that theme applied to it when uploaded to another application. Uploading a form to a different user, that uses a theme that is already installed for that user, will install the theme again using the original theme id. The form will use the theme with the retained theme id.
Custom themes that are uploaded on the designer's Home Page Theme tab are referred to as Designer Themes. Designer themes will be available to the designer that created them but not to other designer users in the tenant. A tenant admin can upload a new designer theme but it will not be available to any other tenant users. Designer themes are not included in an application download/upload.
To upload a custom theme as a Designer theme, follow the steps below:
- Create the custom theme using the steps listed above.
- Click the Themes tab on the designer user's Application Home Page. Upload the theme by clicking the New icon. Fill in a name for the theme and a description if desired.
The image shows the Nouveau Theme - Yellow Background for Forms Theme uploaded as a Designer theme by a user with a logon id of designer.
A designer whose Live Forms logon id is Max would see the list of designer themes listed under Max's Themes. Designer themes are shown as a choice when you access the Theme dropdown on the form's Style property tab. See Using / Editing Customized Themes for more information.
Designer themes will be included in the zipfile if you download a form that uses it. It does not get installed in the new user's theme list if you upload the form into a different user. The new user would have to upload the theme and reapply it to the form. See Using / Editing Customized Themes for the details.
If the theme already exists, it will not be installed again. A form using a theme that is already installed, will not use the theme when uploaded. The theme must be reapplied to the form by the designer. See Using / Editing Customized Themes for more information