Forms can be used standalone or composed into flows where you can create both multi-page forms and workflows that route your form through an approval process collecting digital signatures along the way.
The Flows home page appears when you click on the Flows tab.
On this page:
You won't see any flows the first time you use Live Forms, but as you soon as you create some you'll see them here. There are three icons at the top of the flows home page. Each is described below.
- Click the icon to create a new flow. Once you have created some flows, the flows will be displayed based on the creation date with the oldest flow on top. You cannot change this default sort order.
- Click the icon to upload a flow zipfile previously downloaded to disk. When uploading a flow to a new tenant make sure the roles set on the flow activities exist in the new tenant otherwise flow navigation will not work properly.
- Click the application properties. icon to edit the
To the right of each flow name are five icons. Each is described below.
- Click the frevvo or you can upload your own. The icons will display on the iPhone and iPad mobile devices. Refer to this documentation for the details. icon to attach a thumbnail icon to your flow. You can select one of the icons provided by
- Click the Shared Items for further details. icon to create/edit an Access Control List for a flow. The Access Control List is a way to allow other users access to various functions of a flow such as submissions. See
- Click the internationalize a flow with translations in different languages. icon to
- The next icon controls the Visibility of the flow and functions as a 3-way toggle. The icon tells you that your flow is a private flow, meaning only you (the owner of the flow) can edit, test or use it. Clicking this icon once will change it to this icon and make the flow usable by anyone who has an account (username/password) and is logged in to your tenant. Clicking the icon again will change it to this icon and make the flow public so anyone can use it even if they are not logged in. If the flow is public, clicking the icon will make it private.
- Click the Deleting a flow also deletes all associated flow submissions, saved and pending tasks. See replacing flows. icon to delete the flow. Keep in mind there is no Undo feature so this action is permanent.
Below each flow name are six more icons. Each is described below.
- Click the icon to open your flow and edit it in the Flow Designer.
- Click the Testing Flows. icon to test your flow. See
- Click the Schemas for full details. icon to download the automatically generated schema associated with your flow. See
- Click the icon to download a zipped version of the flow to disk. A single zip file will be created with the name of your flow, followed by _flow.zip. This icon also appears on the Applications home page so you can zip your entire application, including all the flows & forms it contains. The zip file name will be the name of your application, followed by _app.zip.
- Click the Sharing Forms & Flows. icon to share your flow in a number of different ways. Before you click this remember to mark your flow public or you will not be able to share it with others. See
- Click the submissions for this flow. icon to view the
- Click the icon to deploy a flow to Production state and remove the Development watermark. This toggles the icon to the undeploy icon. If your form server license enables a limited number of Production forms/flows you will get an error message when you hit your license production form limit.
- Click the icon to undeploy a flow and move it from the Production state back to the Development state.
The same details apply to forms and flows. See Forms Home Page.
When you delete a flow by clicking theicon the form, the flow is permanently removed and cannot be restored. The delete operation also deletes all submissions from Live Forms; submission repository and any saved in process form instances and pending workflow tasks.
Before deleting you may wish to download a copy of the flow to disk by clicking thedownload icon.
If your goal is to update your flow to a new version that you had previously downloaded to disk or to revert to an older version previously downloaded to disk, do not first delete it since, as stated, this removes all associated saved/submitted/pending flow instances. Instead leave the original as it is and upload the version from disk by clicking theupload icon. A dialog will display that lets you browse to the flow on disk and give you the option of replacing the current with this new version.