On This Page:
frevvo provides a bundle that includes the supported Tomcat version, the frevvo web application, the database connector web application and the Google connector web application pre-deployed and pre-configured. The bundle works on Windows, Linux and Mac systems without any further configuration. If you are evaluating frevvo, we strongly recommend the bundle.
- You must register for a frevvo account, generate a 30 day trial license and download the tomcat bundle from the frevvo web site.
- Download the tomcat bundle to your local machine
- Generate a 30-day trial license. You will receive an email with a link to activate your account. Click the link in the email and follow the prompts.
- Ensure that you do not have another server running on ports 8443 or 8983.
- Unpack the frevvo.zip file to the location of your choice: e.g. /Users/me/frevvo. We'll refer to this directory below as <frevvo-home>.
- Ensure that the scripts are executable: chmod 755 <frevvo-home>/tomcat/bin/*.sh
- Navigate to <frevvo-home>/solr/bin. Run this command to make the solr startup file executable:
chmod +x solr
- Navigate back to the solr directory
- Start the Insight server by typing:
bin/solr start - this starts the Insight server in the background.
- Browse http:<your server:port>/solr to verify the Insight server is running. The default values for the server and port are localhost:8983. Change them to point to the server and port where the Insight server is running if it is different from the default values. You will see the Insight server (Solr) dashboard with the current status:
- Start frevvo: <frevvo-home>/tomcat/bin/catalina.sh run. This starts tomcat on port 8443 with frevvo pre-configured.
- In your browser, go to https://<server-name>:8443/frevvo/web.
Install your License Key
- A current license is required. If frevvo does not accept your license after multiple attempts, please try restarting your frevvo server after the license install. <frevvo-home>/tomcat/bin/catalina.sh stop. When tomcat has stopped, restart using <frevvo-home>/tomcat/bin/catalina.sh run.
If you start frevvo before the Insight server, you will see this message when you browse the frevvo login URL. Follow these steps to start the servers in the correct order:
- Naviagate to your <frevvo-home> directory.
- Run the stop-frevvo.sh script.
- Navigate to <frevvo-home>\solr.
- Type bin\solr start to start the Insight server.
- Browse http://<your server:port>/solr to verify the Insight server is running. The default values for the server and port are localhost:8983. Change them to point to the server and port where the Insight server is running if it is different from the default values.
- Navigate to your <frevvo-home> directory.
- Run the start-frevvo.sh startup script.
Your frevvo server installation is complete. You are now ready to create your firsts tenant, users, forms and workflows. See the documentation for creating a tenant and users.
You can find examples on creating your own workflows on the In-Depth Tutorials page.