A Live Forms' user is anyone that is authenticated to Live Forms for the purpose of:
- Designing a form
- Digitally signing the form ( Live Forms needs to know who the user is in order to generate a signature)
- Participating in a workflow (Live Forms needs to know who the user is in order to display a task list)
- Submitting a form that requires authentication to access
- Maintaining an audit trail (identifying the submitter, for example)
- Using an external security manager (LDAP/Active Directory, for example) with Single Sign On (SSO)
On This Page:
These are users that don't need an account in Live Forms and also aren't involved in any of the items described above. Anonymous users do NOT count as Live Forms users and therefore are not limited by the license. Common examples are filling out a survey or a contact form.
Concurrent users are Live Forms users that are logged in to Live Forms simultaneously.
Generally, for Intranet forms/workflows you want to calculate how many users will concurrently be accessing the forms, since in most cases, on an Intranet, people want to know who is submitting the form. For Extranet forms, you generally do not have authenticated users. For instance, a 10-concurrent user license means 10 users can be logged in simultaneously to Live Forms.
Live Forms also offers Unlimited user licenses.