Use the Manage Roles page to create roles for form users; roles are commonly used in work flows and for digital signatures. An admin user can create and delete roles for a tenant. Click the Manage Roles link to display the list of roles.
The following roles are special and cannot be deleted:
- frevvo.Designer - This role gives a user the permission to design forms
- frevvo.Editor - This role gives a user the permission to edit other user's forms (currently only supported from the frevvo-Confluence add-on).
- frevvo.Publisher - This role gives a user the permission to go to the home page of every frevvo.Designer user and upload (publish) applications. A user with this role can also change visibility / ACL permissions. Refer to the topic for more information.
- frevvo.ReadOnly - This roles disables login permission for the user. The forms in their account remain usable. This role should be used when a designer user leaves your organization. In that case, you want to disable the login, but all the forms that are owned by this user are still being used.
On This Page:
Creating a New Role
- Click to create a new role. Type the role name and click Submit. Do not use spaces when creating roles.
If you use LDAP or a delegating or custom security manager to define your Live Forms users and their roles or groups, you do not see the New Role icon on the Manage Roles page.
Publisher Role and Live Forms Best Practice
The frevvo.Publisher role plays an important part when following Best Practice to move forms/flows from your development system to your production system. It is recommended that you create a generic user account that has the frevvo.designer role on your production tenant to which you publish all forms/flows. Users with the frevvo.Publisher role, have permission to upload new versions of your applications to your production generic account.
When a user assigned the frevvo.publisher role logs in, a list of all designer users in your tenant (frevvo.designer role) displays.
- Click ALL to list all the users that have the role of frevvo.designer.
- Click the
- Click the Access Control for the form or flow by clicking the icon.
If the frevvo.Publisher user also has the role of frevvo.designer, they will see the list of designer users and not the designer's Home Page when they log in.