frevvo v6.3 contains new features that improve usability and makes designing forms easier. Here are a few of the top reasons to upgrade:
- Workflow Enhancements:
- Rich Text Editor for adding content to a Message Control (#12336).
- HTTP credentials for Form/Doc Action post, rule http methods etc can be specified at the tenant level (#18210)
- Improved Date Picker
- Larger font size (#16934)
- Month and Year menus to quickly navigate to an earlier/later date (#17526)
- Support for embedded forms/flows on mobile devices (#18868, #18744)
- Ability to reset the tenant admin's password (#10106)
- Rule Enhancements:
- PDF Enhancements:
- PDF mappings in a form are retained when the form is added to a flow as a new activity (#18490)
- Improved performance when mapping PDFs (#18730, #18731)
- Support for Azure AD Graph API for user/role queries (#18871)
- Improved rendering of Spaces on iphones (#18846)
- Upgraded commons-collections to v3.2.2 to enhance security (#18919)
- Support for SHA-2 secure hash algorithm (#19002)
See the frevvo v6.3 release notes for more reasons to upgrade.
On This Page:
The v6.3 migration is automatic, however, we do recommend that you read the information below before you begin.
Just a reminder that the IP address for http://app.frevvo.com/ is 18.104.22.168. Customers that use firewall white listing for http://app.frevvo.com/ must add this IP address to your white list . This is applicable for outgoing HTTP POSTs to connectors. For example if your forms are posting to the frevvo database connector or any other connector you installed behind your company firewall.
Automatic Upgrade for Live Forms Online (Cloud Hosted) Customers
Live Forms Online cloud hosted customers (SaaS) will be automatically upgraded on 2/13/16. The automatic cloud upgrade will be seamless. Cloud customers should quickly review the topics listed below to prepare for the new version of frevvo.
If you have any questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Live Forms In-house Customers
It is recommended that you perform a full installation of frevvo v6.3 when upgrading.
frevvo v6.3 requires a minimum tomcat version of 7.0.65+. The upgraded version of tomcat includes support for Servlet API v3.0. If you are using the frevvo tomcat bundle, the upgraded versions are already included.
httpclient-auth properties file
In-house customers using the httpclient-auth properties for HTTP Authentication to external web services, must ensure the file is present in the frevvo.war, BEFORE you perform the first startup of v6.3. If the httpclient-auth.properties file containing credentials exists, the credentials will be copied into each existing tenant when v6.3 starts up fpr the first time immediately following an upgrade from a previous version. After this, the httpclient-auth.properties file is no longer used and any further changes to it will be ignored. This is a one time upgrade.
LDAP/Active Directory Security Manager Configuration
frevvo in-house (on-premise) customers should be aware that the configuration of the LDAP/Active Directory Security Manager is now done using the Add/Edit Tenant user interface LDAP configuration properties that were previously included in the frevvo.xml file can be managed via these frevvo screens. Click here for more information on this topic.
This was fixed in the frevvo v6.3.5 patch. Although it is always recommended to upgrade to the latest version of frevvo, if you are upgrading to a v6.3 version that is earlier than v6.3.5, download the custom.js file BEFORE upgrading. If the version you are upgrading to, for example, v6.3.4, shows the problem, you will have to upload an "unscrubbed" version of your custom.js file to resolve the issue.