The Purchase Order template is a frevvo workflow that routes from a salesperson to his/her manager for approval and optionally a VP if the PO is greater then $10,000. Finally, it routes to the Client for electronic signature.
Salesperson > Manager > VP (conditional) > Client
The video at right guides you through installing and using this template or you can follow the steps below.
frevvo Cloud Account or On-Premise software installed with a tenant created. Click to signup if necessary.
Click each step below to expand it.
- Click here to download a CSV file.
- Open it in any text editor, make the following changes and save the file.
- Replace YOUR_EMAIL with your email address. This is used for notifications.
- All passwords default to 123. You may change any password.
- Login as the tenant admin user.
- Click the Manage Users Link.
- Click the upload csv users icon, browse to the CSV file you just edited and click Validate.
- You may see several warning messages. If you see a email is invalid in the Error/Warning column, please edit the file, correct the error and try again. thumbs down icon in the left column and the message
- Click the Load button. You should see something like: "Users Loaded successfully. 9 Added, 0 Updated, 0 Deleted, 17 Roles Added."
- Logout of the tenant admin user account.
- Click this link to download the template and save it (PurchaseOrder_app.zip).
- Logout of the tenant admin account and login as f_designer@<replace with your tenant id> (this user was created by the previous step).
- Click the Upload icon at the top of the Applications page.
- Leave all checkboxes unchecked and upload the PurchaseOrder_app.zip file.
- Click the Edit button for the Purchase Order application that was created and click the Flows button at left.
- Click the
Deploy icon for the Purchase Order workflow.
A space is a built-in portal that's very easy to create and makes it easy to test your workflow.
- Make sure you have deployed your workflow at the end of Step 2 above.
- Click the Spaces link at left. Click the New icon.
- Enter Portal as the Space Id and click Create. Make sure the Space Id is the string Portal exactly.
- Click the Edit icon on the Space Home page.
- Click the icon to hide the left panel.
- Click the save and exit icon to save the changes to your space.
- Click the Share icon. Copy the share URL for your space and save it.
- Logout of the f_designer account.
Click each step below to expand it.
- Go to the space you just created using the URL you copied in Step 3 of the installation above.
- Click Login and login as f_tom@<replace with your tenant id>.
- Select the Purchase Order workflow from the Purchase Order menu.
- In the form that shows up, fill in the required fields.
- Make sure to use an email address that you have access to.
- Make sure that the Grand Total is less than $10,000 otherwise the workflow will route to the VP for additional approval.
- Sign the Section and click Send to Manager. The workflow is routed to Tom's manager Jerry (f_jerry) and a notification email is sent.
- Check your email and click on the link to the space above or simply go to the URL you copied in Step 3 of the installation above.
- Login as f_jerry@<replace with your tenant id>.
- Select Important Items > Task List. You should see the Purchase Order created above.
- Click the Perform icon.
- Review the order (you cannot edit it), enter a Comment and Sign it.
- Click the Send to Client button and logout.
- The workflow is routed to the Client email address you entered above.
- Check your email and click on the link in the email. If you do not receive an email, make sure that the Grand Total was less than $10,000.
- The Purchase Order will show up immediately. You do not need to login.
- Review the information, accept the PO, sign and click Send to frevvo Inc.
Two separate emails are generated when the workflow ends.
- The Salesperson (Tom) receives an email with the PO attached.
- The Client receives a different email with the PO attached as a receipt.