Hardware Requirements and Memory Configuration for your Live Forms Server
Click here to review the recommended hardware requirements and memory configuration for your Live Forms in-house server.
Live Forms™ in-house Quick Start Installation Guide:
The steps below describe the Live Forms Tomcat bundle installation on a Windows system.
The following prerequisites must be satisfied in order to run Live Forms in-house.
- Review the Supported Platforms list.
- You must have the Java Development Kit (JDK) 1.8 or Java Runtime Environment (JRE) version 8 installed on your system.
- Click here to go to the Java SE Downloads site if necessary.
- Return to this page and continue with Set Up the Environment when the Java download and the installation are completed.
Set Up the Environment
Unpack the download zip
Live Forms requires the Insight server for the Reporting feature. The Insight server is included in the tomcat bundle. It is recommended that you start the Insight server first before starting Live Forms. Further configuration is not necessary for the trial period. Follow these steps:
- Download the most recent v7.4 tomcat bundle from the frevvo Software Downloads Directory
- .Unzip the frevvo zip file into a location of your choice: e.g. c:\frevvo. We'll refer to this directory below as <frevvo-home>.
- Ensure that you do not have another server running on ports 8082 or 8983
- Open a command prompt. Navigate to <frevvo-home>\solr-6.6.2
- Type bin\solr.cmd start to start the Insight server. This starts the Insight server in the background, listening on port 8983.
You will see this message:
Browse http://<your server:port>solr to verify the Insight server is running. The <server:port> default values are localhost:8983. Change <your server> to the server name and <your port> to the port the Insight server is running on if they are different than the defaults. Do not include the angle brackets <>. You will see the Insight server (Solr) dashboard with the current status:
If you close the Insight server (Solr) startup window, the server will stop running. Leave the window open or set up Live Forms and the Insight Server to run as Windows services.
- Navigate to <frevvo-home>\frevvo and double-click Start frevvo. This starts tomcat on port 8082 with Live Forms pre-configured.
- Open the Live Forms' home page in a new browser window. e.g. frevvo/web/login.
- Enter the license key from the confirmation email in the License Key box. Click Submit. The Live Forms login screen will display.
If you start Live Forms before the Insight server, you will see this message when you browse the Live Forms login URL. Follow these steps to start the servers in the correct order:
- Naviagate to your <frevvo-home> directory.
- Run the stop-frevvo batch file.
- Open a command prompt. Navigate to <frevvo-home>\solr-5.4.1.
- Type bin\solr.cmd start to start the Insight server.
- Browse solr to verify the Insight server is running. The <server:port> default values are localhost:8983. Change <your server> to the server name and <your port> to the port the Insight server is running on if they are different than the defaults. Do not include the angle brackets <>.
- Naviagate to your <frevvo-home> directory.
- Run the start-frevvo batch file.
Create a New Tenant
- Click the "Manage Tenants" link on the page that displays.
- There is a single tenant named d. This is the default tenant.
- Click the create a tenant, fill in the form and submit it. The new tenant will be created. icon to
We recommend that you do not use the admin user to create your own forms. Add a new user for that purpose.
Add a New User
- Click the icon, to administer the newly created tenant.
- On the page that is displayed, click the "Manage Users" link.
- There is a single user (the administrative user you defined when you created the tenant).
- Click the Roles to the user as desired. Note that you must assign the frevvo.Designer role to any users who wish to design forms. icon, fill in the form and submit it. Assign
- The new user will be created. Create as many users and assign them roles as needed.
- Logout of the admin account.
- Live Forms is installed and ready for use. You can start building forms and workflows right away.
- Login as one of the newly created users with the frevvo.Designer role by filling in the user@<your tenant> ex: designer@mycompany and the password that you assigned to this user on the Login screen. The page that displays is called the Application Home Page.
- If you are new to Live Forms and have not created any applications yet, you will see the following Getting Started message. Click the link to navigate to the Evaluation Guide for your version.
Trial tenants are configured to use the frevvo Default Security Manager by default. Once you have purchased a license for your Live Forms tenant, you can switch the Security Manager of your tenant and retain forms/flows, users, roles and submissions.
Tenants using the Default Security Manager can be migrated to:
- Default Security Manager → LDAP
- Default Security Manager → SAML
- Default Security Manager → Azure SAML
Tenants using the LDAP Security Manager can migrate to:
- LDAP → SAML
- LDAP → Azure SAML
If you are planning to switch the Security Manager of your tenant to LDAP or SAML Security Managers in the future, make sure the users created in the default security manager tenant have the same user names as the users in your LDAP server or identity provider.
Detailed Installation Instructions
When you have completed the trial period and you are ready to customize your Live Forms server software, please see the detailed In-house Installation Guide.
The Live Forms bundle includes an HSQL embedded database. If you use the HSQL database during your trial period, you cannot migrate the data (user, roles, applications) automatically from HSQL to your production database. Once your production database is in place, you must manually: