Live Forms provides wizards and a Google Connector that support easy direct connectivity with Google Sheets. You'll need a Google account and a Live Forms account.
Each time someone uses and submits your form, a new row is added to your Google sheet.
Let’s look at the most basic and common use case. You have a form and you want to collect your submissions in a Google Sheet.
On This Page:
Step 1 - Obtain the Google Account Access token
If you do not have an access token for your Google Account, perform this one time step.
Follow these steps to obtain your Google Account token. Login to your Google Account Go to: Cloud customers: https://app.frevvo.com/google/consent Click Allow if you see a screen like the one below (Google often updates their UI so this may differ from what you see). Copy the access token. Save it to a safe location, you will use it when configuring your forms/flows.
Login to your Google Account
Cloud customers: https://app.frevvo.com/google/consent
Click Allow if you see a screen like the one below (Google often updates their UI so this may differ from what you see).
Copy the access token. Save it to a safe location, you will use it when configuring your forms/flows.
Step 2: Create your form.
Create a simple example contact form with a few fields. If you need help creating a form, check out the Quick Demo and Form Designer tutorial videos on our website.
Step 3: Create your Google Spreadsheet
Make sure the column header names match the Name property of each control. You can view the spreadsheet we created for the form above at this link (it’s read-only).
See how the column names are Name, Email, Street, City etc. The Name property of the corresponding control in the form is set to match exactly.
Google sheet column names are not case sensitive. So a column name “First Name” is equivalent to a column named “first name”. Also spaces in the column name are ignored. So “first name” is equivalent to "firstname".
Step 4: Connect your form to your spreadsheet using the Save to Google Sheets wizard.
- Edit your form.
- Click the what happens to my data? icon in the designer toolbar.
- Click on the Doc URI tab.
- Select the Save Submissions to a Google Spreadsheet wizard.
- This launches the Google Sheet Wizard.
- Login using your user id and auth token (from Step 1).
- A Spreadsheet dropdown appears listing all the spreadsheets in your Google account
- Select the Google Sheet from the list.
- Select the worksheet of your Google Sheet that you want to update with new submissions.
Click Finish on the Wizard
- That’s it. When the form is submitted, the data will be saved to the selected Google Sheet. You can perform all the usual operations on the data e.g. see the Graphs Tab in our example sheet and you can see how we have created some sample graphs to analyze our submission data.
"An unknown error has occurred" message
You may see the error message "An unknown error has occurred" when selecting your Google sheet from the dropdown after you log into the wizard with your Google account and access code. To prevent this, set the Share permission for your Google Sheet to private then run the Save to Google Spreadsheet wizard. Change the share permission to public once the wizard is completed. Click here for other reasons this error may occur.