Live Forms and workflow submissions can be saved directly into Digitech PaperVision® Enterprise and ImageSilo® document management systems.
This tutorial will walk you thru the steps for connecting a frevvo form to ImageSilo. By the end of this tutorial, you will have a frevvo form that creates a new PDF document in your ImageSilo project with index fields every time someone submits the form.
On This Page:
- An ImageSilo account. If you don’t have one, please contact your nearest Digitech reseller or visit the Digitech web site. We assume that you are familiar with using PVE/ImageSilo.
- A frevvo Live Forms account. If you don’t have one Signup Here online.
Create an ImageSilo/PVE Project
We'll use a Loan Documents test project for this Tutorial. The project has three index fields in ImageSilo: Document Type, Surname and Request Amount of type Text, Text and Currency respectively. Create the project in ImageSilo.
Create a Form
Login to your Live Forms account on the frevvo Cloud. Or if you are using an In-house installation login there. Create a new form. If you are not familiar with the Forms Designer, please consult the User's Guide to get started. Open the Form Designer where you can drag/drop new controls to create your form.
Drag/Drop controls from the Palette to the Form Designer canvas (the palette and drag/drop is explained in detail here). We have created controls in the form called:
- Last Name which corresponds to the ImageSilo index field Surname
- Amount which corresponds to the ImageSilo index field Request Amount
- Request Type which corresponds to the ImageSilo index field Document Type
The final step is to use the wizard to connect the form's submission to your ImageSilo project.
- Open your form/flow in the appropriate designer.
- Click the Edit Form Properties wizard on the designer toolbar.
- Click the Document Actions tab. Select Send to ImageSilo or PaperVision Enterprise on the Send Documents tab.
- Enter your PaperVision/ImageSilo entity, username and password and click the login button
- The wizard connects to your account and now displays a dropdown with all your PaperVision/ImageSilo projects
- Select the Loan Documents Test project.
- Fields for each key index field set up in the Loan Documents test project display.
- Click the down arrow to see a list of fields from the form.
Map each PaperVision/ImageSilo key index field to a field in the Loan form.
The dropdown contains a list of all the form/flow fields listed by field name (not field label). Fields in different sections that have the same name may only appear once. Checking the Data checkbox will show both fields. Consider using unique names even when fields are in different sections to improve clarity.
- Select the image type: PDF, PNG or JPG from the Send Snapshot dropdown. PDF is the default option. Select the blank option from the dropdown to exclude this attachment in the submission.
- Check the Data checkbox if you want to store the xml data document in addition to the form image document
- Attachments uploaded to your form/flow are included if the Attachment Files checkbox is checked. This checkbox is checked by default. Uncheck it to exclude attachments in the submission.
Choose the action you want to take from the Send Generated PDF Forms control if you have Pixel Perfect mapped PDFs (ex: W-4, I-9 etc…) associated with your forms/flows,
- Check All to send all the mapped Pixel Perfect PDFs. This is the default value.
- Check None to send none of the mapped PDFs.
- Check Select to display a list of all the PDFs associated with your form/flow. Click the ones you want to be part of the submission. Click again to deselect.
- Click Submit.
- Save the Loan Form.
Your form is now connected to PaperVision/ImageSilo. When you use your form and click the submit button the Loan Form image, and all items selected in the doc action wizard will be saved into your PaperVision/ImageSilo project.
Test the form
Now you are ready to test your form. Click the “Finish” button on the form designer and click the “Test” button for the form on the forms home page. This opens your frevvo form for use. Fill in the form fields. Note that frevvo ensures that when you enter values into certain fields such as Date or Amount, that the value you enter is in fact valid. It will warn you and prevent you from submitting the form unless all required fields contain valid values.
Complete the form and submit it. frevvo will generate a snapshot in your chosen format and create a new document in ImageSilo with the appropriate index fields. In ImageSilo you can view the generated PDF or TIFF as usual using the ImageSilo viewers.