First navigate to the Flows Home Page inside one of your applications. See the Flows Home Page for help navigating here.
We recommend that tenant admin users not create or edit flows, nor have roles assigned to them. These users should restrict themselves to administrative tasks.
Once you are in a flows home page, start by clicking New add your first application. Then click the name of the application or the Edit icon and click New to create your first flow.to
A unique and arbitrary flow name will be generated automatically--Flow 31 for example. You'll change this name when you begin working on your flow to something meaningful like Employee On Boarding shown below.
The Flow Designer has several components. Each is described below.
On This Page:
The palette contains all of the forms in your application's form tab, a new form, an HTTP and a Summary step. Click on the form you want and drag it into your flow. See adding steps to your flow for more information.
The Properties area shows the properties that are available for the entire flow or those available for flow steps.
Some properties, such as Task Information and Pending Message offer the designer the opportunity to define them on the flow level or customize them for individual steps.
- Click the Editing Flow Properties. for the details.
- When you click on a flow step, a Properties Navigator panel for the flow step, displays in the lower-left portion of the Flow Designer. This panel shows information about important properties setup for this flow step. Not all of the configured properties are shown in this view.
- Clicking inside a section or clicking on the
Refer to Editing Step Properties for more information. Edit Step Properties icon in a section of the Properties Navigator immediately displays the property tab for editing.
Flow Work Area
The right side of the Flow Designer is the work area for the flows you create. At the top of this area is the toolbar.
The toolbar at the top of the flow work area is visible when you are designing your flows but it is not visible to you when you test your flows or to your users when they access your flows. Notice the icons on the toolbar. Hovering over the icons displays a tool tip which describes it"s function. The toolbar includes the following icons:
- Click the Editing Flow Properties. Edit Flow Properties icon to open the Flow Properties wizard. For more detail, read
- Click the pdfs such as the W- 4 Employee's Withholding Allowance Certificate. view forms generated by the flow icon to view/edit additional
- Click the save and test icon to save the changes and test your flow without leaving the designer.
- Click the Flows Home Page. save and exit icon to save the changes to your flow and exit back to the
- Click the print the whole flow as it appears in the flow designer. Clicking the print icon is helpful when customizing the pdf associated with your form/flow. print icon to
- Click the Flows Home Page. cancel changes icon to discard changes you’ve made to your flow and exit back to the
The current version of a workflow is shown to the right of the flow title. When you create your flow, the version number will be zero. It will increase each time the flow is saved by clicking on thesave and exit or save and test icons. This feature can help designers ensure they are working with the latest version of the flow.