Here are several common configuration errors that can be easily solved.
If you need help with the installation and configuration process contact us. Our client services team is available to install and configure frevvo on your computer via a web meeting.
A v9 license is required. v7 licenses will not work. Be sure you have requested a v9 license by emailing email@example.com.
Common Configuration Solutions:
Login page displays "Unable to renew license"
You see the following error message on frevvo's login page when you try to access the login page in your browser at http://<yourhost><port>/frevvo/web/login
"Unable to renew license for 1 attempt(s). Your license will expire in 2 day(s). Please contact frevvo for help."
You will also see the following error in the tomcat log file:
WARNING: License monitor: failed to authorize start up for 0 attempts. Next attempt in 1 hours.
There are a few possible causes of this:
Incorrect Java Version
This is often caused by running your frevvo Form Server under an older version of Java/JDK. Please follow the steps in the JDK Prerequisite page. Then restart your frevvo Server.
Incorrect License Key
This may also be caused by an incorrect string content in the license key. To check the license, login via superuser and then click "Server Configuration". You can also check the users schema resource table in your database. This table has an entry with the license information.
Java unable to validate certificate
Sometimes Java is not able to validate frevvo license server certificate. In this case, you may see the following error in the tomcat log file:
This may happen if you started using another application which forces the use of their own root certificate. To correct this, add the frevvo certificate to your server's Java cacerts, which means we tell Java to 'trust this cert; no need to validate'. However, you will have to do this again when you update the java install and or we update our certificate. Here are the steps:
- Download the app.frevvo.com https certificate using your browser and save it as .cer file.
- Download portecle (http://portecle.sourceforge.net/)
- Start portecle.jar
- Open the keystore file from the java version frevvo uses (example: c:\program files\java\jdk1.8.0_66\jre\lib\security\cacerts)
- Choose tools > import trusted certificate, select the cer file downloaded before, hit the ok, ok, yes, enter an alias + hit ok, ok
- Choose file > save keystore
- Close portecle
- Restart frevvo
"Unable to contact license server"
This may be due to your external http traffic being routed through a proxy server.
If your company uses a proxy server, your frevvo Form Server may not be able to communicate with the license server directly. frevvo has configuration parameters to enable communication from the Form Server to the license server via your proxy.
- Edit the following parameters in <frevvo-home>/tomcat/conf/frevvo-config.properties.
- Remove the # before the properties. Do NOT remove the # in front of the HTTP Proxy Configuration for licensing comment
- Add the values for your installation.
- Save the changes
The trial license fails to install
Sometimes, especially on Windows, the license is not accepted. If so, please restart your frevvo server and try again. Please check the frevvo forum or contact us for additional help.
More License Issues
License issues have several common causes. A proxy server can be the cause of these error messages.
- Unable to contact license server
- Unable to renew license. Your license will expire in <n> day(s)
To diagnose license issue:
- View the frevvo Version Information server configuration page and verify that you have a valid unexpired license key.
- Open a browser on your frevvo server machine and try to reach the url: https://www.frevvo.com/security/securehttp. This server should return the message "You have reached the frevvo licensing server. Thanks for you interest in frevvo frevvo.".
- Second open the log files in <frevvo installdir>/frevvo/tomcat/logs and scan for license related error messages.
- Read solutions for proxy server configurations if the log file indicates that your frevvo server is unable to contact the license server.
- Read solutions for the issue unable to renew license
If you need further help send the results of all above diagnostic steps to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Expired Tenant Message
When a form instantiation is attempted from an expired tenant, the user is redirected to the login page. You may see the error message "Tenant is expired (license expiration). Please contact frevvo support to renew." Contact frevvo for help.