You can change the behavior of your forms by adding frevvo URL parameters to the form URLs found in the various share choices. These frevvo URL parameters are each described in detail below. Here are the parameters that work for each share choice. You can think of the code you get via the Share Form page as a starting point. Then you can change the behavior to whatever you need by adding, subtracting and modifying the URL parameters in the share code.
Forms created via the frevvo API createInstance method are form instances. They are an actual form to be used by a specific user in memory on the frevvo Server. Please see Data API for a list of the parameters that can be used with form instance URLs.
On This Page:
Parameter Separators in URLS
If you are appending parameters to a URL, use the ? for separating the form/flow URL from the parameters and use the & to separate parameters from each other. For example, let's say you want to append the Pacific timezone parameter to the share URL of your form/flow.
Here is an example using the Link(Email/Web page) URL for a workflow:
Raw form link
- edit=(true/false) -- The form will open in the frevvo Form Designer when edit=true and in use mode otherwise. The default is false.
- print=(true/false) -- This form will be displayed in print view as if a user had clicked the print icon on the form.
- dispose=(true/false) -- The form instance is deleted after the form is rendered in print view.
- _readonly=(true/false) -- The form will open but you will not be able to enter values into the form when _readonly=true. The default is false.
- _data -- A way to pass default values into form fields via the form URL. See the details here.
- _extId -- A way to have multiple users connect to the same form instance. See details below.
- _layoutID or _layoutID!userID!tenantId-- Dynamically select a layout which takes precedence over the layout selected at either the Application or in the Form. See here for the details.
- _styleID or _styleID!userID!tenantId - Dynamically select a style which takes precedence over the style selected at either the Application or in the Form. See here for the details.
- _formActionURL -- Overrides the form's action set in the Form Designer. See the _formActionURL section. If this parameter is used but equals nothing it will close the window when the form is submitted.
- _formActionMethod=(get/post) - Overrides the form action's method. Defaults to get. See the _formActionMethod section.
- _formActionTarget=(frame/parent/top) - Overrides a form action target. Defaults to frame. See the _formActionTarget below.
- _errorActionUrl - Overrides the form's error action set in the Form Designer. See the _errorActionURL section. If this parameter is used but equals nothing it will close the window when the form is submitted.
- _errorActionTarget=(frame/parent/top) - Overrides a form action target. Defaults to frame. See the _errorActionTarget below.
- locale=<locale code> --- This parameter enables you to translate your form into multiple languages. If not, set the form displays with the language used in the form designer. If set to one of the locale codes the form displays translated to that language.
- _docActionURL – Overrides the "Send Documents" Doc Action set in the Form Properties:Document Actions:Send Documents tab.
- apikey --
- _formTz – This parameter overrides the timezone of the browser/form. Refer to Time Zones for more information.
- _device - (tablet/phone/desktop) –used to show the specified device view in your browser. This parameter is very helpful when testing forms for mobile devices as you can see the phone or tablet view from your desktop.
- _submissions=(ID ENTRY FROM FORM SUBMISSION TABLE) - used to instantiate older submissions of a form or flow.
- _cancelUrl=(some URL) - This parameter bypasses the frevvo standard cancellation message and will redirect the user to the specified URL when the Cancel button is clicked.
- _unsavedWarning=true/false - This parameter displays a browser Warning message when data has been changed and the user closes the browser/browser tab without Saving or Submitting. The default is true.
Embedded form link -- "Just the iframe" and "Embedded Form"
- All Raw form link parameters
- id -- Use this when embedding multiple forms in the same web page. Each form needs a unique id. Not required for pages with only one form.
- ifname --Select the custom id for the iframe that will be auto generated by the script (default is 'frevvo-form'), i.e. name of the iframe.
- width=(num) -- Sets the initial iframe width. Defaults to 600. Only effective when resize=false.
- height=(num) -- Sets the initial iframe height. Defaults to 600. Only effective when resize=false.
- resize=(true/false) -- Automatically resizes the space (height, width) used by the form when resize=true. Defaults to true when the form is used on a desktop device. Defaults to false when the form is used on a mobile device such as the iPhone or iPad. When resize=false the form will remain in the width & height you set and the browser will add horizontal and vertical scrollbars if/when needed.
- container=(true/false) -- Adds a border around the form and centers the form when container=true. Defaults to false.
- scrolling -- Do you want scrolling? Puts scrolling attribute on the iframe. Defaults to auto. See the html scrolling attribute for values.
- center=(true/false) -- This parameter applies to the container so is only effective when container=true. Defaults to true. Set to false to left/top justify the form on the page.
- border=(true/false) -- This parameter applies to the container so is only effective when container=true. Defaults to true. Set to false to remove the border.
- _test -- Do you want to generate a debug console? Defaults to false
Embedding the task list successfully into an HTML page requires setting its width. You must explicitly add %26tasks-width=XXXpx where XXX is the width that you want. Here is an example:
Popup form links – "Full Page Popup" and "Link (Email/Web page)"
When you open a new form via, for example, the Link (Email/Web Page) share URL, you will always open a new form instance. As you use the form and enter values into the form, the values are immediately cached on the Form Server as you tab to the next form field. If you close the browser tab/window containing the form prior to submitting the form, the Form Server still retains this form instance. By using the special (reserverd) URL parameter called _extId, it is possible to reconnect to an in-memory form instance.
Access to form instance is secure.The form instance cannot be accessed from a different browser or a different device. For Example, if you use the same _extID value in a different browser or on a different device, the form will not load the same instance (i.e the same values filled in the form fields) even if you are logged into frevvo as the same user.
To utilize this feature, try this example:
- Copy the the Link (Email/Web Page) share URL for one of your forms and append ?_extId=123 to the formtype URL. Open that URL in your browser and start filling in a form. Do NOT submit the form.
- Next, open a 2nd browser tab or window and use just the formtype URL and it will be blank. A new form instance is created.
- Open a 3rd browser tab or window and use the share URL again appended with ?_extId=123, and you'll get back to the 1st instance.
_formActionUrl, _formActionMethod, _formActionTarget
The Form Action can be overridden by using these special (reserverd) Url parameters. The presence of _formActionURL overrides any Form Action in the Form Designer by specifying which Url to go to when the form gets submitted.
_formActionMethod is optional and can be set to either "get" or "post". If unspecified it defaults to "get" causing the user to get forwarded to this web page when the form is submitted. If set to "post" it will also post the data to this Url.
_formActionTarget is optional and only taken into account when _formActionUrl is specified. It can be set to one of the values: frame, parent, top (lower case). It defaults to frame if not specified.
When the _formActionUrl parameter is set but no Url is given (i.e. ...&_formActionUrl =&embed=...) the top frame will be closed. It is as if you set Form Action to Close" in the Form Designer.
For example... the share Url with &_formActionUrl=http://www.google.com, will cause the form to display google.com when it's submitted, even if in the Form Designer you had set the Form Action to be "Display Message" or one of the other options.
_formActionUrl params are used directly by frevvo to re-direct the browser. When the _formActionUrl (or any parameter) is received, it is url decoded by the servlet container. Therefore, it is best practice to encode the _formActionUrl paramater value. It is up to the frevvo client to encode passed in _formActionUrls.
_errorActionUrl and _errorActionTarget
Similar to above, these parameters determine what happen if there is an error when submitting the form.
_errorActionUrl overrides any Form Action: Error setting in the Form Designer by specifying which URL to go to when there is an error submitting the form. _errorActionTarget is optional and only taken into account when _errorActionUrl is specified. It can be set to one of the values: frame, parent, top (lower case). It defaults to frame if not specified.
The designer can override the standard frevvo message that displays when the user clicks on the Cancel button in a form and redirect them to a webpage of your choice by appending the _cancelUrl=(some Url) to the raw form link. For example, if you want to redirect users to http:www.google.com the raw form link should look like this:
The user must click "Yes" for the warning message "Are you sure?" and then will be directed to the specified Url.