Creating Forms and Workflows
Thanks for using Live Forms. We recommend the following Tutorials to help you get started quickly.
- Forms Tutorial: Provides a quick introduction to using the Live Forms Designer to create forms and goes through some of the main features that are used most frequently.
- Workflow Tutorial: Live Forms offers powerful capabilities for routing forms around for approvals and signatures. This Tutorial gives you a comprehensive overview to learn about how to create approval workflows.
- Database Connector Tutorial: Live Forms helps you create dynamic forms that connect to your database, populate controls from the database, update drop down controls dynamically etc. This Tutorial works through several examples demonstrating various features.
If you'd rather jump directly into more detailed documentation describing how to design, deploy and use Live Forms™ use the navigation links to the left.
The superuser admin username is admin@d. If you are using Live Forms on-premise, you will need to log in as the superuser admin to create a tenant. Cloud customers can skip this step as your tenant was created for you when you signed up.
To log In to Live Forms:
1) Open the login page in your browser.
- Live Forms Online: http://app.frevvo.com
- Live Forms In-house: http://<your server><port>/frevvo/web/login - The default port is 8082.
2) Enter your username and password.
- username = <your userId>@<tenantId>
- password = <your selected password>
- Tenant admin can set a Password Strength Requirement at the tenant level. If Password Strength is set, a password strength meter appears when creating or updating a password. When Password Strength is left blank Live Forms will still require a minimum password length of 8 characters.
Good security is a desirable feature and is becoming mandatory with compliance initiatives like GDPR. This feature applies only to tenants using the default security manager.
Tenant admins can set password strength requirements on the Create Tenant or Edit Tenant screens. There are four password strength options (Fair, Good, Strong, Very Strong) or the field can be left blank if you do not want to enforce password strength. When you change the password strength requirement, users whose passwords do not comply will automatically be prompted to change their password on their next login. Tenant Admins can also expire passwords by checking Change Password on Next Login on the Edit User page. Users cannot use their old password or a temporary password as the new password.
Definitions of Password Strength
- none - uses system default, enforces a minimum password of 8 characters
- Fair - very guessable: protection from throttled online attacks. (guesses < 10^6) Strength Meter will indicate "Very weak."
- Good - somewhat guessable: protection from unthrottled online attacks. (guesses < 10^8) Strength Meter will indicate "Weak."
- Strong - safely unguessable: moderate protection from offline slow-hash scenario. (guesses < 10^10)
- Very Strong - very unguessable: strong protection from offline slow-hash scenario. (guesses >= 10^10)
A user creating or resetting their password will be required to meet the password strength specified by the tenant admin. Password strength is indicated as the user types by a Password Strength Meter visible below the entry. There are no specific length or character requirements, but the meter will detect the strength of the password based on use of uncommon words or phrases and unpredictable use of capitalization, numbers and special characters. Helpful suggestions appear to prompt the user towards a stronger password. Password length is limited to 100 characters and an error message will appear if user attempts to enter more than 100 characters. Users cannot use their old password or a temporary password as the new password. Here are screenshots of what a user might see if the Tenant Password Strength is set to "Strong." Strong and Very Strong passwords use uncommon words or phrases and unpredictable use of capitalization, numbers and special characters.
Tenant Admins can update current users or add new users by uploading a CSV file. For security, the CSV file does not include a password column.
Setting notifyIfNewUser to TRUE causes Live Forms to send an email notification to the user prompting them to create a password. The defaults setting for notifyIfNewUser is FALSE, which allows Admins to set up users without passwords initially, and notify them to create passwords later.
- Set notifyIfNewUser to TRUE to send new users and current users without a password an email to create a password. Current users who already have a password will not receive a notification, even if notifyIfNewUser is set to TRUE.
- Set notifyIfNewUser to FALSE to not send an email notifications.
Password Reset email links will expire in 6 hours.
Users added manually will not get an automatic email prompt, but can be required to update their password on next login. This is by design to allow Admin users to add users prior to production, and then notify them to update their password later.
Click the Free Signup button to sign up for a free 30 day Live Forms trial tenant.
You will be directed to the Projects Home Page. If you are new to Live Forms and have not created any projects yet, you will see the Getting Started message. Click the link provided to navigate to the Evaluation Guide for your version.
Live Forms users who have forgotten their password and wish to reset it must have access to their email in order to do so. Here's how it works:
- Enter Username userId@tenant and then click the Forgot Password button. The Password Change Request screen displays.
- An confirmation email is sent to the address associated with the frevvo user id.
- Click the link included in the email to reset your password with a temporary password. You will see the Password Changed screen.
- An email is sent to the address associated with the frevvo user id providing the reset password and a link to log in.
- Click the link in the email to take you to the Live Forms login screen. Login with your user and the temporary password from the email.
- Click the Manage Account Link in the top right corner of the screen.
- Change the password on the Manage Personal Information screen to one of your choice.
This method can be used to reset the password for tenant administrators and for the superuser (admin@d) for in-house installations.
- If a user tries to access same email password reset link again after the password has been changed, they will be directed to the login page. If a user generates multiple password reset links, then uses one to change the password, then clicking on subsequent links will direct them to the login page.
The Forget Password feature is not supported for Live Forms users in a SAML tenant. If SAML tenant users browse the URL frevvo/web/login, enter their login id then click Forgot Password, they will see the following error message: