Live Forms™ in-house Quick Start Installation Guide:
The steps below describe the frevvo Tomcat bundle installation on a Windows system.
The following prerequisites must be satisfied in order to run frevvo in-house.
Ensure your system meets the recommended hardware requirements and memory configuration for your frevvo in-house server.
- Review the Supported Platforms list.
- Follow the instructions on the JDK Prerequisite page to install the supported version of Java/JDK on your system and the set the Java Home Environment variable.
Download the Bundle
- Download the Tomcat Bundle from the frevvo Software Downloads Directory.
- Unzip the frevvo zip file into a location of your choice: e.g. c:\frevvo. We'll refer to this directory below as <frevvo-home>.
Start the Insight Server
frevvo requires the Insight server for the Reporting feature. The Insight server is included in the tomcat bundle. You should start the Insight server first before starting frevvo. Further configuration is not necessary for the trial period. Follow these steps:
- Ensure that you do not have another server running on ports 8082 or 8983
- Open a command prompt. Navigate to <frevvo-home>\solr-x.x.x (replace "x.x.x" with your solr version number.)
- Type bin\solr.cmd start to start the Insight server. This starts the Insight server in the background, listening on port 8983.
You will see this message when the Insight server is running:
4. Browse http://<your server:port>solr to verify the Insight server is running. The <server:port> default values are localhost:8983. Change <your server> to the server name and <your port> to the port the Insight server is running on if they are different than the defaults. Do not include the angle brackets <>. You will see the Insight server (Solr) dashboard with the current status:
If you close the Insight server (Solr) startup window, the server will stop running. Leave the window open or set up Live Forms and the Insight Server to run as Windows services.
- Navigate to <frevvo-home>\frevvo and double-click Start frevvo. This starts tomcat on port 8082 with frevvo pre-configured.
Open the frevvo home page in a new browser window. e.g. frevvo/web/login.
- Login to frevvo with username admin@d and password admin.
- Enter the license key from the confirmation email in the License Key box when prompted. Click Submit. The frevvo login screen will display.
If you start frevvo before the Insight server, you will see this message when you browse the frevvo login URL. Follow these steps to start the servers in the correct order:
- Navigate to your <frevvo-home> directory.
- Run the stop-frevvo batch file.
- Open a command prompt. Navigate to <frevvo-home>\solr-x.x.x. (Replace "x.x.x" with your solr version number.)
- Type bin\solr.cmd start to start the Insight server.
- Browse solr to verify the Insight server is running. The <server:port> default values are localhost:8983. Change <your server> to the server name and <your port> to the port the Insight server is running on if they are different than the defaults. Do not include the angle brackets <>.
- Navigate to your <frevvo-home> directory.
- Run the start-frevvo batch file.
Create a New Tenant
- Click the Manage Tenants link on the page that displays.
- There is a single tenant named "d." This is the default tenant.
- Click the create a tenant. Fill in the form and submit it. The new tenant will be created. icon to
We recommend that you do not use the admin user to create your own forms. Add a new user for that purpose.
Add a New User
- Click the icon, to administer the newly created tenant.
- On the page that is displayed, click the Manage Users link.
- There is a single user (the administrative user you defined when you created the tenant).
- Click the Roles to the user as desired. Note that you must assign the frevvo.Designer role to any users who wish to design forms. icon to create a new user. Fill in the form and submit it. Assign
- Create as many users and assign them roles as needed.
- Logout of the admin account.
- Congratulations! frevvo is installed and ready for use. You can start building forms and workflows right away.
Start building forms and workflows
- Login as one of the newly created users with the frevvo.Designer role by filling in the user@<your tenant> ex: designer@mycompany and the password that you assigned to this user on the Login screen. The page that displays is called the Projects Home Page.
- If you are new to frevvo and have not created any projects yet, you will see the following message. Click the Guided Tour icon to quickly familiarize yourself with the basics.
- You can find examples on creating your own workflows on the Tutorials page. Refer to Getting Started for the next steps to follow to create forms/workflows.
Trial tenants are configured to use the frevvo Default Security Manager by default. Once you have purchased a license for your frevvo tenant, you can switch the Security Manager of your tenant and retain forms/workflows, users, roles and submissions.
If you are planning to switch the Security Manager of your tenant to LDAP or SAML Security Managers in the future, make sure the users created in the default security manager tenant have the same user names as the users in your LDAP server or identity provider.
Detailed Installation Instructions
When you have completed the trial period and you are ready to customize your frevvo server software, please see the detailed In-house Installation Guide.
The frevvo bundle includes an HSQL embedded database. If you use the HSQL database during your trial period, you cannot migrate the data (user, roles, applications) automatically from HSQL to your production database. Once your production database is in place, you must manually: