These steps are required when you convert from a demo/trial server installation to a production installation.
While you are demo-ing you do not need to do the Database Setup steps discussed below.
Your server requires an SQL database for storing users and form submissions. The following SQL databases have been certified:
- Microsoft SQL Server 2012, 2014
- Oracle 12c
The server may function with other SQL database types but only the above set has been certified.
- The default HSQLDB is ONLY sufficient for demo/trial versions of . All production users MUST switch their software to a production quality database.
- You cannot migrate the data (user, roles, applications) automatically from HSQL to your production database. See this topic for the manual procedure details.
The following steps describe how to change the underlying database from the demo/trial HSQLDB to a production quality SQL database. The database configuration file frevvofile, server.xml is located in <frevvo-home>/frevvo/tomcat/conf /Catalina/localhost directory.
- First, Locate and copy the necessary jdbc driver for your database into <frevvo-home>\tomcat\lib.
- Edit the file <frevvo-home>\tomcat\conf\server.xml
- You will see a data source definition for the frevvo database type name="jdbc/sharedfrevvoDS". See the sample below of the HSQLDB data source in the frevvoserver.xml file.
- Comment out the pair of the definitions for the default database (HSQLDB) using the <!-- --> comment characters. The entire section must be commented out:
For your selected database type in frevvoserver.xml:
1) Set the frevvoDS sharedfrevvoDS data source url parameter to your database server. If
and the database server are collocated "localhost" may be fine. The url parameters depend on the database type and installation choices made when your DBA installed your database software. Consult your DBA for the correct connection values. For example, SQL server installed on a non-default port and running on a machine named e00sca will require that you add a port number and host name to the Url. For example:
If you are trying a different database type and do not see an example in frevvoserver.xml for your database, you can create a new data source entry. Hibernate supports the following dialects however
has only been certified to run with a subset of these databases. For additional dialects see Hibernate documentation.
The frevvo database must be created with UTF-8 encoding.
If you're using a improperly encoded database for frevvoDS sharedfrevvoDS you may run into one or more of the following runtime issues:
- International characters will not work correctly without the proper encoding.
- Workflows directed to a specific user may not appear on the user's task list.
You can convert a database and/or table to UTF-8 . Using using the mySQL MySQL configuration file or via the mySQL MySQL cmd tool.
Via the configuration Configuration file:
Via the mySQL MySQL cmd tool:
ALTER DATABASE frevvo CHARACTER SET utf8 COLLATE utf8_unicode_ci;
ALTER TABLE `frevvo16089`.`formsubmission` CHARACTER SET utf8 COLLATE utf8_unicode_ci;
bundle includes an HSQL embedded database. If you use the HSQL database during your trial period, You you
cannot migrate the data (user, roles, applications) automatically from HSQL to your production database. Once your production database is in place, you must manually: