Before you begin the migration process:
Determine Your Upgrade Path
Please follow the instructions on this page, to perform your upgrade.
, v6.3 or v7.0
Please read the following upgrade steps prior to starting the migration.
- Please read and understand the Migration Considerations which may require your action before beginning.
- Backup the forms and users databases from your current
- Backup the current
server's installation directory so that you have a copy of all custom configuration parameters.
- If you are upgrading from v7.0.x, back up the
- Stop the
server using stop-frevvo.[bat,sh] or through the Computer Management Services console if
is running as a window's service.
- Install a fresh v7.0.x
- Download the latest v7.01.x software.
- Request a v7 license if you have not already done so, before continuing.
- The download is a zip file. Extract the contents to any folder of your choice. This folder will be referred to as <frevvo-home> (note that the zip already contains a top level frevvo folder).
Navigate to <frevvo-home>\tomcat\conf\server.xml in the v7.01.x directory structure.
Database configuration has been removed from the <frevvo-home>\tomcat\conf\Catalina\localhost\frevvo.xml file. It is now done in the <frevvo-home>\tomcat\conf\server.xml file. Also, notice the database resource name has been changed to jdbc/sharedfrevvoDS. When you configure your database, make the changes to the v7.01.x server.xml. Do not copy configured sections from a frevvo.xml of a previous release into the v7.01.x server.xml file.
Point the v7.01.x frevvo database to your current frevvo database.
All database initialization and/or upgrade will be automatically done by frevvo.war as part of the
- If you are upgrading from
v6.1+, copy the frevvo.users.schemaName property from v6 <frevvo-home>\tomcat\conf\catalina\ocalhost\frevvo.xml to the v7 <frevvo-home>\tomcat\conf\catalina\ocalhost\frevvo.xml.
If you are upgrading from
v6.1+, you can skip steps 7a - 7b and go directly to step 8.
- If you are upgrading from a
version prior to v6.1, then you MUST perform these steps:
If you are using the tomcat servlet, follow the steps below to configure the v7.01.x <frevvo-home>\tomcat\conf\catalina\localhost\frevvo.xml file for migration.
- For SQL server database migration: Uncomment " <Parameter name="frevvo.users.schemaName" value="users.dbo" override="false"/>" in frevvo.xml and comment out "<Parameter name="frevvo.users.schemaName" value="users" override="false"/>".
- Set the value of frevvo.users.schemaName in the v7.01.x frevvo.xml file to the name of the users database of the version you are migrating from. If you didn't change the name of the users schema in the version you are migrating from, then you can leave it as the default, users. Make sure you append .dbo to the users schema name if you are using an SQL server database.
During the upgrade Live Forms copies the data in the old users schema into the corresponding new tables in the frevvo schema. The users and frevvo schemas are consolidated in this release. Live Forms uses the frevvo database user to select the data from the old users schema. Therefore, the frevvo database user must have select access to all of the tables in the old user. In case your database is not already configured for this, you must grant select permission to the frevvo user on these tables BEFORE upgrading.
Below is an example of the queries needed to grant select permission on the users schema to the frevvo user for the Oracle database:
GRANT select ON users.resources TO frevvo; GRANT select ON users.roles TO frevvo; GRANT select ON users.spaces TO frevvo; GRANT select ON users.tenantcategories TO frevvo; GRANT select ON users.tenants TO frevvo; GRANT select ON users.users TO frevvo; GRANT select ON users.usersroles TO frevvo; GRANT select ON users.tenantroles TO frevvo;
If you are using a database other than Oracle, similar statements need to be executed. Please consult your database documentation for the correct syntax.
The frevvo db user id requires the database level privileges listed below on first startup. If your database is not set up for this already, privileges will be needed for the following actions:
- Create Table
- Alter Table
- Drop Table
- Create Index
- Create Sequence (Oracle)
- Create Trigger
Customers upgrading to v7.01.x from a Live Forms version prior to v6.1, using LDAP, must copy their LDAP config parameters from the frevvo.xml file of the version you are migrating from to the v7.01.x version frevvo.xml BEFORE starting the v7.0.x server for the first time. Live Forms will then migrate the config to the tenant level on startup. LDAP parameters can then be edited in the v7.01.x UI.
8. Configure the new installation
- Restore the files from the data directory that you backed up earlier to <frevvo-home>\ in the v7.1.x installation.
- If you made changes to the following files in your previous installation, you will need to make the same changes in the new v7.0 1 configuration files.
- We recommend that any changes that were made to the web.xml file be moved to frevvo.xml instead.
- The three files mentioned above include:
9. Follow the steps for your Operating system to start the Insight server BEFORE starting
During the upgrade the Insight server batch job will automatically run preparing your submission data for the Reports feature and the submissions view.
Things to Check:
- Login as a tenant admin
- Login as a tenant designer user
- View and edit a form/flow
- View submissions that existed before
- Test forms/flows
- Login as the superuser admin.
- Verify that the Insight server batch job ran and completed successfully.
It is recommended that you do not change or delete the frevvo.users.schemaName property in frevvo.xml after the first startup of v7.01.x. If the property is changed or deleted post migration you may see this error:
If you're applying a minor patch update, for example, applying patch 7.01.2 to your installed v7.0.x Live Forms server, you can follow these simple steps instead of the more lengthy upgrade steps.
- Unzip the downloaded build zipfile to a temp directory.
Copy the \temp\frevvo\tomcat\webapps\frevvo.war file.
Replace the frevvo.war file in your installation with the one copied above.
If you made any configuration changes in the web.xml file inside the frevvo.war, we recommend that the configuration context parameters be moved to the <frevvo-home>\tomcat\conf\localhost\frevvo.xml instead. This keeps all your changes in one place and makes migration to major new versions easier. If you choose not to move the configuration to frevvo.xml, you can follow the steps here to make the changes in the v7.01.x web.xml or you can just copy the old web.xml and replace the new one with it.
Delete everything inside \frevvo\tomcat\temp directory of your installation.
Start the Insight server. Refer to Step 9 above for the instructions.
If you are using the
Google, PVE, Filesystem or
If you are using any of the