- NULL columns and empty strings, which were previously treated as NULLS, are now being sent instead of leaving them out of the JSON/XML returned by the Database Connector. Version 2.5 of the connector explicitly handles NULLs. If this causes issues, it can be turned off by adding the emitNullColumns property to the query/query set in configuration.xml or adding the dbconnector.emitNullColumns property to your dbconnector properties file. This disables this new behavior for the whole db connector and reverts to the old behavior so you can address any issues. The recommended approach moving forward is to add the emitNullColumns=true (the default) to your queryset/queries.
- The database.war is now executable. Version 2.5 of the Database Connector can run in any servlet container, such as tomcat, or in standalone mode. There is also a Kiosk mode for quick demos of the feature
- The date/dateTime/timestamp formats that (almost) all configuration.xml have may be removed in most cases as the defaults now match what frevvo sends to the DBConnector.<queryset name="BIRT" dateFormat="yyyy-MM-dd" xmlDateFormat="yyyy-MM-dd" xmlTimeStampFormat="MM/dd/yyyy">
- Configuration.xml with invalid queries will show warnings when the Database Connector starts and will be disabled automatically.
- In previous releases of the Database Connector, any errors while inserting, updating, selecting row(s) using the DB connector were simply logged and ignored, returning an HTTP 200 status. These errors will come back as 500 errors to