Logon to your
tenant as the designer.
- Click the New icon to add a new application.
- Click the
- Click the
- Click the New icon to create the Leave Approval form.
- The New Form wizard displays listing any forms that have been published as templates. Since there are none listed, click Finish to accept the Blank template for your form..
- Change the name of the form to Leave Approval Form on the form Properties pane.
- Drag a Message control from the palette and drop it onto the canvas when you see the
Change the Message text to Leave Approval. Change the Message Type to None by selecting it from the dropdown.
Click the Style tab on the Properties pane for the Message control. Type blue for the Background color, white for the Label Color. Select large for the Label Size. Check the Bold and Center checkboxes, if desired.
Drag a Section control from the palette and drop it below the Message control. Look for the green up arrow.
- Click on the section label and change it to Employee Information.
- Drag a Text control from the palette and drop it into the Section control when you see the
- Click on the properties tab for this text control. Click on the Styles tab. Change the width of the control by selecting 6 columns on the grid. Click on the text control label and change it to First Name.
- Check the Required property on the Settings tab for the First Name control.
- Drag a second text control from the palette over the first name and drop it when you see the right green arrow. This should position the second text control to the right of the first one.
- Click on the second text control label and change the label to Last Name. Check the Required property.
- Drag a third text control from the palette over the Last Name control. Drop it when you see the right green arrow. Using the Email takes advantage of
Click on the third text control label and change the label to Manager Id. Check the Required property.
Drag an Email control to the right of the Manager Id control. Drop it when you see thegreen right arrow. The
- Click on the Email control label and change the label to Email. Check the Required property on the Settings tab.
- Click the Preview Form icon on the designer toolbar to see how your form will look to users.
- Click the Close this Window now link to return to the designer from Preview mode.
- Click the
- Continue with the instructions to add the Leave Request Section to the form.
- Click the Edit icon for the Leave Approval Form to add the Leave Request section. You may notice the Employee Information section is collapsed in the images for this section.
- Drag and drop a Section control below the Employee Information section. Look for the green down arrow. Name it Leave Request.
- Drag a Date control from the palette and drop it into the Leave Request section. Change the label to Start Date. Change the width to 6 columns. Check the Required property.
- Drag a Number control from the palette and drop it into the Leave Request section to the right of Start Date. Change the label to Number of Days. Change the width to 6 columns. Check the Required property.
- Drag a Radio control from the palette and drop it under the Start Date field.
- Change the control label to Type of Leave, delete the default options, and add these choices for the options: Annual=Annual Leave, Floating Holiday=Floating Holiday, Sick=Sick Leave, Compensatory=Compensatory Leave, Other=Other Leave
- Check the comment box and specify 1 as the number of rows. Check the Required property.
- Click the Style tab and add a value of 30% to the Item Width. This changes the layout of the options from vertical to horizontal.
- Create the Certification question that will appear when the employee checks the Sick Leave option by dragging a T/F control from the palette and dropping it below the Type of Leave control.
- Change the label to say "I certify that the above listed leave was entirely due to personal illness" and the name to Certification. Do not check the Required property for this control.
- Uncheck the Visible checkbox on the Certification field. This field is not visible on the form unless the Employee selects Sick Leave as the Type of Leave. This will be handled by a rule discussed later.
- Drag a Textarea control from the palette and drop it below the Type of Leave control inside the Leave Request section when you see the
green down arrow.
- Change the label to Comments. Do not check the Required property for this control.
- Select the section by clicking on its header.
- In the properties panel, select the Security Tab.
- You can set up this as a Signed Section. Two types of signatures are available from the Signature drop down: Text/Signature Image or Wet Signature. Here is information about the difference between the signature types. Select Text/Signature from the dropdown.
- Check the Must Sign checkbox to require the signature and verify that the Lock checkbox is checked to prevent tampering with the signed data .
- Notice that a "Sign this section" button and a
pencil icon with a line appear at the bottom right and left of the section when the signature type is selected.
- The Employee will have to sign the section before it can be submitted.
- Click the Save and exit icon to save work you have done so far.