Please read and understand the Migration Considerations which may require your action before beginning.
- Backup the forms database from your current
- Backup the current
server's installation directory so that you have a copy of all custom configuration parameters.
server using stop-frevvo.[bat,sh]. Stop
and the Insight Server through the Computer Management Services console if they are running as Window's services.
If you are using SQL Server as your Live Forms database, it is highly recommended that you turn on the READ COMMITTED SNAPSHOT setting in the database BEFORE performing the upgrade to
You do not have to do this if you are using MySQL or Oracle databases because this option is turned on by default.
There are two ways to turn on the option:
Using DDL ( Data Definition Language) - Run the commands listed below
ALTER DATABASE <your frevvo database schema> - replace <your frevvo database schema> with the name of your frevvo database schema SET READ_COMMITTED_SNAPSHOT ON
- Using SQL Server Management Studio:
- Turn on the “Is Read Committed Snapshot On” Option under database properties.
- Install a fresh v7.1.x
- Download the latest v7.1.x software.
- Request a v7 license if you are upgrading from a
version prior to v7.0.x.
- The download is a zip file. Extract the contents to any folder of your choice. This folder will be referred to as <frevvo-home> (note that the zip already contains a top level frevvo folder).
- If you increased Memory Settings in your previous installation, make those changes to the appropriate files in the v7.4.x installation. Refer to Hardware and Memory Requirements for the details
Navigate to <frevvo-home>\tomcat\conf\server.xml in the v7.1.x directory structure.
Database configuration has been removed from the <frevvo-home>\tomcat\conf\Catalina\localhost\frevvo.xml file. It is now done in the <frevvo-home>\tomcat\conf\server.xml file. Also, notice the database resource name has been changed to jdbc/sharedfrevvoDS. When you configure your database, make the changes to the v7.1.x server.xml. Do not copy configured sections from a frevvo.xml of a previous release into the v7.1.x server.xml file.
Point the v7.1.x frevvo database to your current frevvo database.
All database initialization and/or upgrade will be automatically done by frevvo.war as part of the
Copy the frevvo.users.schemaName property from <frevvo-home>\tomcat\conf\catalina\localhost\frevvo.xml to the v7 <frevvo-home>\tomcat\conf\catalina\localhost\frevvo.xml.
Compare the frevvo.users.schemaName property in the frevvo.xml file from the version of
you are upgrading from to the frevvo.xml file in v7.1 installation directory. If they are the same, do not do the copy in Step 6 - proceed to Step 7.
- Configure the new installation