Login as a designer user. If you are In-House connecting to Sharepoint in the cloud, use the URL https://<server>:<SSL port>/frevvo/web/login. Example: https://localhost:8443/frevvo/web/login. Port 8443 is the default.
- Create your form or flow with controls that capture the data that you want to store in the columns configured in the Lists and Libraries on your SharePoint website
Click on the Edit Form/Flow Properties icon on the designer toolbar.
- Select Send to Sharepoint. If the tenant is not configured for SharePoint, the Send to SharePoint option will not display.
- Click Login. You’ll be redirected to login to SharePoint or Office 365 if you are logging into your account for the first time.
On successful login, you will be asked to grant or deny access for your SharePoint add-in.
Click Trust It to authenticate and grant permission to . You will not see the trust screen on subsequent logins. The wizard will display.
- We recommend that you create a separate user in SharePoint for frevvo forms connection, and use that user while configuring the Save to SharePoint wizard in frevvo forms. This frevvo specific SharePoint user always remains active and eliminates issues if the designer user configured your forms to submit to SharePoint using their own SharePoint login and then leaves the company.
- At least one designer user must also be a SharePoint user with the correct privileges to provide consent when invoking the Save to SharePoint wizard if your tenant is configured with the Azure SAML Security Manager .
- You can set up a single Document Action to write to multiple places (SharePoint Library and List). Add a route for the second destination by clicking the Route 2 icon.
- Select a format for the Snapshot to be saved in SharePoint. The choices are: PDF, PNG or JPEG. If you do not check the Snapshot checkbox under the Destination Type section, you can leave this field empty. PDF is the default.
Enter the site URL - this is the SharePoint site or subsite containing the destination e.g. https://frevvo.sharepoint.com - Remember this URL must specify the https protocol. This value is read in from the SharePoint tenant configuration screen for Route 1.
Set up the first location (route) where you want to save your files in SharePoint. SharePoint destinations can be a Library (and optionally a Folder), or List. Select Library or List from the Destination Type dropdown.
- Enter the server relative path of the folder within the library. For example, for folder 'test' in library 'mylib', enter /mylib/test.
Select a Content Type from the dropdown. The wizard automatically pulls the content type choices from your SharePoint site. The Content Type determines the available metadata column names for mapping. For example, if the destination is a Document list you would see Item as a choice for the Content Type. This means your submission is saved as a new item on your SharePoint list. Document Libraries show Document.as the Content Type.
- Check the types of files to be saved to the selected destination. The choices are:
Data - include the XML document
Snapshot - include a snapshot of your form/flow in the format selected in the Send Snapshot field
Attachments - include attachments uploaded to your forms/flows. The wizard automatically lists the Upload Controls in your form/flow by name when Files is checked. The attachments for the selected Upload Controls will be saved in the configured destination.
- Gen Forms(PDF) - this checkbox appears if you have mapped PDFs associated with your form/flow e.g. W-4 and I-9 filled out by a new employee. Check it to send all Select the mapped PDFs that you want to store in SharePoint.
Map the Control Names in your form/flow to the column names in your SharePoint destination. The wizard will populate the Column Name dropdown with all the columns in the destination but a maximum of 15 controls can be mapped.
When mapping Message controls with templates to the SharePoint Connector, the Save Value property should be checked.
Click the save and test icon to save the form/flow and bring up Test mode popup.
- If you configure a second Route, clicking the Clear Route button removes the information for Route 2 only.
- Browse http://<your server:port>/sharepoint/info - the version information is returned as shown in the image.
Refresh Token Expired
If your users see an error like "org.springframework.security.oauth2.client.resource.UserRedirectRequiredException: A redirect is required to get the users approval" when accessing or trying to submit a form, the cause is that your Sharepoint Token has expired. The user who owns the Sharepoint Account (usually the designer) will need to login and provide consent to refresh the token. You can learn more in this Microsoft Documentation. Currently frevvo does not provide a way to generate a new refresh token automatically. This feature may be added in a future release. However, until then the Sharepoint account user will have to provide consent for a fresh token every 6 months.