- Navigate to <frevvo-home>\solr-126.96.36.199
- Type bin\solr.cmd stop -all
- Extract the NSSM zipfile to a Program Files\nssm directory
- Open a command prompt. Run as an administrator
Navigate to the directory under c:\Program Files\nssm\ that contains the nssm.exe file for Windows64 or Windows32
For example, the path in Windows 7 would be C:\Program Files\nssm\nssm-2.24\win64
Type: nssm install <service name> - Replace <service name> with the name you want to use for the Insight Server service.
Ex: nssm install insightserver
Browse to the location of the solr.cmd script by clicking on the three dots to the right of the Application Path field. This should be in <frevvo-home>\solr-7.5.0\bin.
Click on the solr.cmd file, then click Open. The Application Path field will populate.
Notice the Startup directory field also populates. REMOVE bin from the Startup directory field. The Startup directory should be: c:\<frevvo-home>\solr-5.4.1\
Enter these Arguments:
start -f -p 8983
- the -f option starts the Insight Server in the foreground so NSSM can kill it when it needs to be stopped or started
- the -p option specifies the port that the Insight Server is running on. The default is 8983. Change 8983 to the port number for your installation if necessary.
Optionally, click the Details tab to specify a Display Name and Description - Ex: Insight Server, Script to Stop/Start Solr5. Notice the Startup type is set to Automatic.
Click the Install service button. A success message displays:
Start the Insight Server service from the Computer Management Services pane.
- Browse http://<your server:port>solr to verify the Insight server is running. The <server:port> default values are localhost:8983. Change <your server> to the server name and <your port> to the port the Insight server is running on if they are different than the defaults. Do not include the angle brackets <>. You will see the Insight server dashboard with the current status: