- Download the supported version of Java JDK. There are several vendors who source the supported JDK version as OpenJDK. Here are two suggested resources:
- Download the supported JDK version.
- When the download has finished, extract the zip file into a folder, e.g.
C:\Program Files\Java\and it will create a
jdk-11folder (where the bin folder is a direct sub-folder). You may need Administrator privileges to extract the zip file to this location.
Set a PATH:
- Click Advanced and then Environment Variables.
- Add the location of the bin folder of the JDK installation to the PATH variable in System Variables.
- The following is a typical value for the PATH variable:
Select Control Panel and then System.
- Enter the variable name as JAVA_HOME.
- Enter the variable value as the installation path of the JDK (without the
- Click OK.
- Click Apply Changes
- To see if it worked, open up the Command Prompt and type
java -versionand see if it prints your newly installed JDK.
Check that you have replaced the Path and JavaJAVA_Home HOME environment variables from any prior versions of Java with values that point to the new version. You may need to uninstall the prior Java version and restart your server.