has a plugable security mechanism and offers a variety of Security Managers. If you use the built-in security manager
, a tenant admin
can create users and roles directly in your
tenants. See the Manage Users
and the Manage Roles
for instructions on creating users and roles.
also supports the LDAP Security Manager
that pulls users and groups from your external Active Directory or Open LDAP system; a Delegating Security Manager
such as used by Confluence; and custom security managers, such as LDAP and DB Container Security Managers. Note that with LDAP Security Manager and Delegating Security Manager, groups are the equivalent of
- frevvo Default Security Manager- is responsible for authentication/authorization and managing users/roles. This is the default option. Your tenant will be created with this security manager if no other choice is selected.
- LDAP Active Directory Security Manager - The user is authenticated outside . Typically, SSO or performs the authentication using LDAP directly.
- Delegating Security Manager - This is the Security Manager needed for Confluence integration.
- DB Container Security Manager- Authentication is the container's responsibility, but provides a database interface to fetch users/roles for design time functionality from an external database.
- LDAP Container Security Manager - This is exactly the same as the DB Container Security Manager but LDAP instead of DB. Authentication is the container's responsibility.
- Custom - (CSM) - This options lets you build and plugin your own custom security manager using frevvo's security framework.