These steps are required when you convert from a demo/trial server installation to a production installation.
While you are demo-ing you do not need to do the Database Setup steps discussed below.
Your server requires an SQL database for storing users and form submissions. The follow SQL databases have been certified:
The server may function with other SQL database types but only the above set has been certified.
The default HSQLDB is ONLY sufficient for demo/trial versions of . All production users MUST switch their software to a production quality database.
The following steps describe how to change the underlying database from the demo/trial HSQLDB to a production quality SQL database. The database configuration file frevvo.xml is located in <frevvo-home>/frevvo/tomcat/conf/Catalina/localhost directory.
- The forms and users databases below must be created with UTF-8 encoding.
- When using DB2, make sure that you create the forms database with a page size of 8K (the default of 4K is too small).
For your selected database type in frevvo.xml
- Locate the frevvoDS data source url parameter.url="jdbc:jtds:sqlserver://localhost/frevvo"/>. You can change the name "frevvo" to whatever you wish, "" for example. But it must match the database name you create in your SQL server. See verify connection Url below.
- Create a utf8 encoded database "frevvo" (assuming you left the url parameter database name as the default) in your SQL server
- In the installation locate the script <frevvo-home>/data/sql/forms-<database type>.sql. Ex: for mySQL the script is named <frevvo-home>/data/sql/forms-mysql.sql
- Run that script in your "" database. That will create all the tables required to persist submissions
- Set the frevvoDS data source parameters username and password to a user that has write permissions to the "" database.
- The submissions database setup is now complete.