| configuration parameters are located in three places:|
- frevvo-config.properties - created by the System Administrator to override parameters in a container web.xml file. This is most often used when the container is not tomcat. See below for details.
- <frevvo-home>\tomcat\conf\Catalina\localhost\frevvo.xml - recommended file to override context-parameters in the web.xml file when using the tomcat container.
- WEB-INF\web.xml - this configuration file is included in the <frevvo-home>\tomcat\webapps\frevvo.war zipfile. Modifications to this file require unzipping/rezipping the frevvo.war file after the modifications have been made. See below for the instructions.
The parameters that are most commonly modified and discussed in the sections below are in frevvo.xml. The less commonly modified parameters are in web.xml. Any parameter in web.xml can be duplicated in frevvo.xml and the value in frevvo.xml takes precedence over the value in web.xml. If you plan to override the web.xml context parameter values and you are using the frevvo Tomcat bundle, we suggest doing so in frevvo.xml. This keeps all your modified parameters in one place and makes it easy to upgrade frevvo to newer releases.
A frevvo-config.properties file in a deployment using tomcat seems redundant since it basically does the same thing as the frevvo.xml file. If it does exist , the configuration parameters in the frevvo-config.properties file will override the frevvo.xml and web.xml files.
Modifying the frevvo.xml file.
Follow these steps to modify context parameters in the frevvo.xml file. You can also set up your database in this file as well. If you are using tomcat, making your configuration changes here, will make it easier when you upgrade :
- Stop if it is running.
- Navigate to <frevvo-home>\tomcat\conf\catalina\localhost\frevvo.xml.
- Open the file with a text editor.
- The installation tasks listed below will reference the frevvo.xml and web.xml files when appropriate. You can configure anything in frevvo.xml that you can configure in web.xml. When you add parameters to the file, use the same syntax as the ones already there. Here is an example of a parameter to control the Maximum Size of Attachments that users can upload.
<Parameter name="frevvo.attachment.maxsize" value="10485760" override="false"/>
5. Save the file after all your changes are made. Restart .
Modifying the web.xml file
The web.xml file is included in the <frevvo-home>\tomcat\webapps\frevvo.war. The frevvo.war must be unzipped/rezipped after modifications have been made as outlined in the steps below:
- Stop if it is running.
- Unpack the frevvo.war file to a temporary location of your choice: e.g. c:\tmp\frevvo-war. Change the file extension from .war to .zip if necessary.
- Edit c:\tmp\frevvo-war\WEB-INF\web.xml.
- Make the desired configuration changes - see appropriate sections of this page for information on specific parameters. Save the changes to the web.xml file.
Rezip all the files in the c:\tmp\frevvo-war directory, even the ones you did not edit — if you change directories or zip them differently, Live Forms may not load correctly:
This is the correct structure for the frevvo.war zipfile.
Make sure you create the zipfile with the directory structure as shown in the image above. It is an easy mistake to include the containing directory in the zipfile. If you do this, Live Forms may not load correctly. Zip will often give your zipfile a .zip extension. Make sure you change this to a .war extension.
- Copy the updated frevvo.war file to <frevvo-home>tomcat\webapps.
- If you see the folder frevvo in the webbapps directory (<frevvo-home>tomcat\webapps\frevvo), you must delete it for the changes to take effect.
- Restart your server.