Please read and understand the Migration Considerations which may require your action before beginning.
- Backup the forms and users databases from your current
- Backup the current
server's installation directory so that you have a copy of all custom configuration parameters.
server using stop-frevvo.[bat,sh] or through the Computer Management Services console if
is running as a window's service.
If you are using SQL Server as your Live Forms database, it is highly recommended that you turn on the READ COMMITTED SNAPSHOT setting in the database.
You do not have to do this if you are using MySQL or Oracle databases because the READ SUBMITTED SNAPSHOT is turned on by default.
There are two ways to turn on the option:
Using DDL ( Data Definition Language) - Run the commands listed below
ALTER DATABASE <your frevvo database schema> - replace <your frevvo database schema> with the name of your frevvo database schema SET READ_COMMITTED_SNAPSHOT ON
- Using SQL Server Management Studio:
- Turn on the “Is Read Committed Snapshot On” Option under database properties.
- Install a fresh v7.0.x
- Download the latest v7.0.x software.
- Request a v7 license if you have not already done so, before continuing.
- The download is a zip file. Extract the contents to any folder of your choice. This folder will be referred to as <frevvo-home> (note that the zip already contains a top level frevvo folder).
- If you increased Memory Settings in your previous installation, make those changes to the appropriate files in the v7.4.x installation. Refer to Hardware and Memory Requirements for the details
Navigate to <frevvo-home>\tomcat\conf\server.xml in the v7.0.x directory structure.
Database configuration has been removed from the <frevvo-home>\tomcat\conf\Catalina\localhost\frevvo.xml file. It is now done in the <frevvo-home>\tomcat\conf\server.xml file. Also, notice the database resource name has been changed to jdbc/sharedfrevvoDS. When you configure your database, make the changes to the v7.0.x server.xml. Do not copy configured sections from a frevvo.xml of a previous release into the v7.0.x server.xml file.
Point the v7.0.x frevvo database to your current frevvo database. Remember to add the sendStringParametersAsUnicode property with a value of false to your database connection URL if it is not already there.
All database initialization and/or upgrade will be automatically done by frevvo.war as part of the
- If you are upgrading from
v6.1+, copy the frevvo.users.schemaName property from v6 <frevvo-home>\tomcat\conf\catalina\ocalhost\frevvo.xml to v7 <frevvo-home>\tomcat\conf\catalina\ocalhost\frevvo.xml.
If you are upgrading from
v6.1+, you can skip steps 7a - 7b and go directly to step 8.
- If you are upgrading from a
version prior to v6.1, then you MUST perform these steps: