- The 'localhost:8082' is obvious and points to the database connector inside a the tomcat servlet container (e.g. Tomcat) on localhost and listening on port 8082.
- 'database' refers to the context path for the database connector web application running inside Tomcat.
- 'BIRT' refers to the name of the queryset defined above.
- 'allCustomers' is the name of the query.
- Since we are issuing an HTTP GET from the browser, this maps to the <retrieve> SQL.
- _mediaType=xml tells the connector to return an XML document. This is the default; if you leave out a _mediaType, the connector will return XML.
When the HTTP GET is issued, the connector executes the <retrieve> SQL for the 'allCustomers' query in the 'BIRT' queryset using the resource definition to connect to the appropriate database. The data in the resultset is converted to XML and returned.