Migration Considerations for Cloud and In-house Customers
Visual Rule Builder
The new version of the PVE connector will be installed when the frevvo cloud is upgraded to v7.2. There are no changes to the PVE connector configuration for in-house customers who are upgrading using the v7.2 tomcat bundle. In-house customers using a version of
previous to v7.2 can download the PVE connector from here or download the tomcat bundle to retrieve the v5.4 connector. Simply replace the existing pve.war file with the new one.
New Database Connector version
A new version (v2.5.2) of the Database Connector is included in the frevvo tomcat bundle. It is also available in a separate download. Cloud customers who are running the Database Connector on an in-house server should review the information below. Refer to the Database Connector documentation for installation and configuration information about the new version.
Change to Doc URI format when initializing a form from submission xml
The <host:port> section of the form submission xml link must be changed in the Doc URI wizard to "frevvo://" to take advantage of this change. Refer to the example in the Initializing Forms with XML Documents topic for the details.
Change to Rule when using HTTP Get and Task for First Step
It is possible to "kick off" a workflow from a form by using a business rule that performs an http get with the URL to the workflow. The Task for First Step property must be checked in the workflow for this to work. After upgrading to v7.2+, the designer must modify any written rules that contain an http get url call to trigger Task for First Step. The change is described below:
- Cloud customers must change http://app.frevvo.com to frevvo:// in the rule that kicks off the flow.
- In-house customers must change the http:<domain>:<port> to frevvo:// in the rule that kicks off the flow.
A Changing the filename of an uploaded attachment topic for the details.
The original filename will be used as the download name when downloading attachments from upgraded submissions.
Migration Considerations for Live Forms In-house Customers
Changes to Supported Platforms
Java 1.7 is no longer supported. In-house customers should upgrade to Java 8 before installing upgrading to
v7.2+. Please review Supported Platforms for a complete list.
New version of the Database Connector
The In-house version of v7.2.4
was released on 7/28/17. A new version (v2.5.2) of the Database Connector now is included in the v7.2.4 frevvo tomcat bundle. It is also available in a separate download.
Version 2.5.2 of the database connector requires
In-house customers must upgrade to
v7.2 to use the Database Connector v2.5. There are 2 . It is recommended that you use this version of the Database Connector with the v7.2.4
in-house bundle to take advantage of the logging improvements.
The Database Connector is included in the tomcat bundle and is also available as a separate zipfile. You can download it here.
The database.war does not extract after startup. You will not see a database subfolder in the <frevvo-home>\tomcat\webapps directory if you are using the tomcat bundle as in previous releases.
There are 2 configuration options:
- Copy the configuration from your previous installation and the connector will continue to function as it did before. The DB v2.5 connector runs seamlessly with the DB Connector v2.4 configuration files.
- Read the documentation for new configuration instructions to take advantage of the new features.
Here are a few items that you should be aware of:
- The Database Connector v2.5.2 can be run in the v7.2.4 in-house frevvo tomcat bundle or as a Standalone application. You can download the Standalone version of the connector from here.
- NULL columns and empty strings, which were previously treated as NULLS, are now being sent instead of leaving them out of the JSON/XML returned by the Database Connector. Version 2.5 of the connector explicitly handles NULLs. If this causes issues, it can be turned off by adding the emitNullColumns property to the query/query set in configuration.xml or adding the dbconnector.emitNullColumns property to your dbconnector properties file. This disables this new behavior for the whole db connector and reverts to the old behavior so you can address any issues. The recommended approach moving forward is to add the emitNullColumns=true (the default) to your queryset/queries.
- The database.war is now executable. There is also a Kiosk mode for quick demos of the feature
- The date/dateTime/timestamp formats that (almost) all configuration.xml have may be removed in most cases as the defaults now match what frevvo sends to the DBConnector.<queryset name="BIRT" dateFormat="yyyy-MM-dd" xmlDateFormat="yyyy-MM-dd" xmlTimeStampFormat="MM/dd/yyyy">
- Configuration.xml with invalid queries will show warnings when the Database Connector starts and will be disabled automatically.
In previous releases of the Database Connector, any errors while inserting, updating, selecting row(s) using the DB connector were simply logged and ignored, returning an HTTP 200 status. These errors will come back as 500 errors to
frevvo only supports/certifies frevvo connectors running in the Apache Tomcat container. Refer to our Supported Platforms for the list of Application Servers and databases supported/certified by frevvo
Review the DB Connector Release Notes for a complete list of the enhancements to help you decide.
#18662 - CF : Form/flow submission should be edited by users as per ACL permissions.
ACL Changes for Confluence Users
Version 7.2 of Live Forms includes some changes when assigning permissions to view/edit submissions and editing forms/flows of other designers via the Access Control List.
The Who can View/Edit Submission Permission:
In previous releases, Confluence users granted permission to View/edit form/flow submissions had to have the frevvo.Designer and frevvo.Editor roles in addition to the Who can view/edit permissions in the Live Forms Access Control list for the form/flow.
The role restrictions has been removed in
Be sure that the users/roles that you want to have this permission are listed in the Access Control list for the relevant forms/flows.
The Who can edit a form/flow permission:
The Who can edit a form/flow permission in the ACL gives permission for users to edit forms/flows (including those owned by other designer users) in the Live Forms designers. Non-designers can be given permission to edit forms/flows belonging to other designer users by listing them in the form/flow Access Control list. The form.Editor and form.Designer roles are no longer required in most cases.
There is one exception - If your Confluence plugin is configured with a Forms Designer Group, any user that wants to do any design related functionality must be in this group (must have the frevvo.Designer role). Users that have form/flow edit permission in the ACL, must also belong to the group specified by Forms Designer Group field on the Confluence plugin configuration screen in order to edit the forms/flows of another designer user.
Refer to the Add-on Installation topic for the complete configuration information.
The form.Editor role works as it always did. Users assigned to the Confluence group listed in the Form Editor field on the Confluence configuration screen will be able to edit forms and flows belonging to any designer user.
New version of the .NET API
v7.2 of the .NET API is available as a separate download. The new version contains a bug fix to support URLS that do not expose the user id. Refer to the Data API Client Libraries Release Notes which includes the link to download it,
Just a Reminder for In-house Customers
Email Configuration and custom configuration parameters are still configured in the frevvo.xml file.
Start the Insight server before Live Forms
You do not have to restart the Insight server every time you restart