New version of the Database Connector
The release date for the inIn-house version of
is TBD was released on 5/12/17. A new version (v2.5) of the Database Connector will be included in the frevvo tomcat bundle.
Version 2.5 of the database connector requires
7.2 and Java 8.
The Database Connector is included in the tomcat bundle and is also available as a separate zipfile. You can download it here.
Here is a preview of what you can expect:
- NULL columns and empty strings, which were previously treated as NULLS, are now being sent instead of leaving them out of the JSON/XML returned by the Database Connector. Version 2.5 of the connector explicitly handles NULLs. If this causes issues, it can be turned turn off by adding the emitNullColumns property to the query/query set or use a new property, in configuration.xml or adding the dbconnector.emitNullColumns that has a default of true and can be used to disable property to your dbconnector properties file. This disables this new behavior for the whole db connector .. This will allow you to go back and reverts to the old behavior so you can correct the address any issues. The recommended approach moving forward is to add the emitNullColumns=true (the default) to your queryset/queries.
- The database.war is now executable. Version 2.5 of the Database Connector can run in any servlet container, such as tomcat, or in standalone mode. There is also a Kiosk mode for quick demos of the feature
- The date/dateTime/timestamp formats that (almost) all configuration.xml have may be removed in most cases as the defaults now match what frevvo sends to the DBConnector.<queryset name="BIRT" dateFormat="yyyy-MM-dd" xmlDateFormat="yyyy-MM-dd" xmlTimeStampFormat="MM/dd/yyyy">
- Configuration.xml with invalid queries will show warnings when the Database Connector starts and will be disabled automatically.
- In previous releases of the Database Connector, any errors while inserting, updating, selecting row(s) using the DB connector were simply logged and ignored, returning an HTTP 200 status. These errors will come back as 500 errors to
The form.Editor role works as it always did. Users assigned to the Confluence group listed in the Form Editor field on the Confluence configuration screen will be able to edit forms and flows belonging to any designer user.
New version of the .NET API
v7.2 of the .NET API is available as a separate download. The new version contains a bug fix to support URLS that do not expose the user id. Refer to the Data API Client Libraries Release Notes which includes the link to download it,
Just a Reminder for In-house Customers