|Field or current step (Optional)|
What field or current workflow step do you want to evaluate?
|Operator||What condition do you want to test to see if it is true? Select to from the choices to use an expression or function in your rule|
What value do you want to compare the Field or current step to?
What function/operator do you want to use to build the expression in the rule?
Builtin Functions --- NO CODE!
The new expression input control has two context sensitive input modes that provide:
- Function and control lookup with code completion (Lookup Mode)
- Function help. (Help Mode)
The following functions are available in the rule builder Rule Builder for building expressions. Function names may be entered in any case (case insensitive).
Lookup mode contains two lists: displays functions and controls . The functions are listed first, followed by controls (from the form)from your form/flow.
Lookup Mode can be triggered by:
Declare the actions that should be taken when the condition is true. The Functions/operators Operators listed above can also be selected as the value in this wizard.
- Click the Run Builder button.
- Click the Add Condition button to create a new condition (optional).
- Select your Field or select current step to describe an action that will execute based on the workflow step currently executing.
- Select your Operatorthe Action from the dropdown.
Select the Value, expression or function(optional). To enter a text value, slide thetoggle switch icon to the right and a field displays to the right.
If current step is selected as the condition for a workflow designed using Linked Steps, the value dropdown displays the names of the linked steps as choices. Workflows designed with individual forms as steps (not linked) will only show that step in the current step value dropdown.
- If you have one form (named form A) in a workflow, you will only see form A listed in the current step value dropdown,
- If you add 2 linked steps (named form B and form C), the current step value dropdown lists all 3 steps: form A, form B and form C.
- If you add form D (not linked) to the workflow, form D will not be listed in the current step value dropdown for form A
- Click Next to advance to the Action wizard.
- Specify the actions to be taken if the condition is true.
- Click Next to advance to the Else Action wizard
- Specify the actions to be taken if the condition is false.
- Click Finish.
- Save your form/flow.
- Click the Save and Test icon to verify that your rule is working as expected.