- Collect the key information listed below and verify the Prerequisite Tasks have been performed.
- /Active Directory Security Manager class. with the LDAP
Key Information to Collect
- Login to your
as the tenant admin
- Click on Manage Tenants
- You will see a page where the current tenants are listed. If this is a new installation you will only see the default tenant d
- Click on the plus icon to add a new tenant or click the Edit Tenant link to edit an existing one.
- Configure the tenant for the LDAP Security Manager - Choose LDAP /Active Directory Security Manager.from the Security Manager Class drop down.
- Login to your
The Name/value table highlighted in the image allows you to configure up to 10 additional LDAP properties. See this Oracle website for a complete list of all available LDAP properties. For example, you can configure
to ignore or follow referrals.
Setting the java.naming.referral property to a value of "ignore" in the Name/Value table configures
to ignore referrals. Consult your LDAP Administrator for the details.
- If you are creating a new tenant:
- Enter a tenant id, a tenant name and description.
- The Max Concurrent Users is the maximum allowed by your license or less.
- Specify the LDAP User ID that will have the tenant admin permission. If editing an existing tenant, verify that the tenant admin user id is the LDAP user id for the tenant admin.
- Click Submit. You will see your new tenant in the tenant list if the connection to your LDAP server is successful.
The Ignore Case and Notify checkboxes are checked by default. It is recommended that you leave them checked. Refer to Mixed or Upper case User Names topic for an explanation of the Ignore Case option.
The Notify checkbox determines whether the task notification emails setup in
Clicking the submit button tests the connection. Any errors are displayed at the top of the form. Here is an example of an error when there is a typo in the LDAP server name: