- Login to
as an administrator (user:admin and password:admin if you have not changed it)
- Click on Manage and then Manage Tenants
- You will see a page where the current tenants are listed. If this is a new installation you will only see the default tenant d
- Click on the plus icon to add a new tenant.
- Configure the new tenant - Choose LDAP /Active Directory Security Manager.from the Security Manager Class drop down.
- Login to
Enter your LDAP Configuration Properties and Sample Configurations. Alternatively, you can start off from one of the and provide only the key information listed above. See below for information on the TLS checkbox.
The Name/value table highlighted in the image allows you to configure up to 10 additional LDAP properties. See this Oracle website for a complete list of all available LDAP properties. For example, you can configure
to ignore or follow referrals.
Setting the java.naming.referral property to a value of "ignore" in the Name/Value table configures
to ignore referrals. Consult your LDAP Administrator for the details.
- If you are creating a new tenant:
- Enter a tenant id, a tenant name and description.
- The Max Concurrent Users is the maximum allowed by your license or less.
- Specify the LDAP User ID that will have the tenant admin permission.
- Click Submit. You will see your new tenant in the tenant list if the connection to your LDAP server is successful.
The Ignore Case and Notify checkboxes are checked by default. It is recommended that you leave them checked. Refer to Mixed or Upper case User Names topic for an explanation of the Ignore Case option.
The Notify checkbox determines whether the task notification emails setup in
Clicking the submit button tests the connection. Any errors are displayed at the top of the form. Here is an example of an error when there is a typo in the LDAP server name:
Here is another example if the connection password is not correct