- Download the supported version of Java JDK. There are several vendors who source the supported JDK version as OpenJDK. Here are two suggested resources:
- Download the supported JDK version.
- When the download has finished, extract the zip file into a folder, e.g.
C:\Program Files\Java\and it will create a
jdk-11folder (where the bin folder is a direct sub-folder). You may need Administrator privileges to extract the zip file to this location.
Select Control Panel and then System.
Set a PATH:
- Click Advanced and then Environment Variables.
- Add the location of the bin folder of the JDK installation to the PATH variable in System Variables.
- The following is a typical value for the PATH variable:
- Enter the variable name as JAVA_HOME.
- Enter the variable value as the installation path of the JDK (without the
- Click OK.
- Click Apply Changes
- To see if it worked, open up the Command Prompt and type
java -versionand see if it prints your newly installed JDK.