- It’s triggered by clicking on the Connect button.
- We setup headers and a query using your access token and spreadsheet key (the long ID in the URL of the Google Sheet).
- Run the query – perform an http.get() and eval the results.
- Parse the results into an array. The array elements are “hagen=Walter Hagen” etc.
- Set the options to the array.
The column name on a Google sheet must match the control name. The matching is case-insensitive and any spaces in the column name are ignored. A control named "FirstName" matches a column header "first name." However, references to Google Sheet columns in your rule must be lower case and cannot contain spaces. The correct reference for this example is "firstname."
Step 3: Try it yourself
You can try it yourself by clicking this link or clicking on the image.