There are two ways you can test your workflows.
Method 1: Click the flow workflow designer to save the changes to your flow workflow and automatically display the test popup window. Complete the flow workflow in the popup window to test it. When your testing is completed and the test mode screen is closed you will be returned to page in the flow workflow designers where you clicked the save and test icon. This makes it easy to make additional changes.save and test icon from within the
Method 2: Click the flow Workflow Designer toolbar to save the changes to your flow workflow and exit the flow workflow designer. Then click the Test icon for the flow workflow on the Forms and Workflows Home Page to enter Test Mode. Complete the flow workflow in the popup window to test it.save and exit icon on the
Both methods display the test mode popup which includes the Test Mode Views discussed below.
It is important to note that both Test methods allow the designer to test the steps of a workflow until the flow workflow is routed to a different user. Once a step is routed to a different user, testing must continue by Using the Task List. For example,
The save and test feature reduces flows workflows development time by allowing designers to test flowsworkflows, business rules and mapped PDFs without leaving the flows workflow designer. Modifications needed after testing can be quickly addressed since you will still be in the flows workflows designer once you close the popup window. This is particularly helpful when building, troubleshooting, and testing flowsworkflows, business rules and mapped PDFs.
When the flows workflows is saved in the background, and thesave and test is clicked, the
- On the rules and PDF mapping pages.
- An informational processing message as shown in the image is displayed after the icon is clicked until the test window opens.
- if your flows workflows contains business rules they will be validated before the test popup displays and you will see this message:
- If flowsworkflows/field validation errors are detected, closing the test popup returns you to the designer where you can quickly make the correction and retest.
If rule validation errors are detected, the designer is notified and given the option to correct before the Test popup is displayed.
- Save and Test detects errors in workflow/PDF preconditions by displaying a warning message with information about the error.
- The flows workflows version increases by 1 every time you click on the save and test icon. It is reflected on the on the flow workflow edit page, when viewing/editing submissions and when you download/upload a workflow.
If you use the Save and Test feature to save the latest versions when developing your flowsworkflows, simply click the Cancel icon when you are ready to leave the designer. Refer to Test Mode Views for information about the features that are available when the test popup displays.
Of course, you can always click the flows workflows but you will be returned to the Forms and Workflows Home Page after the changes are stored. The test popup is accessed by clicking the Test icon. To continue making modifications to your flows workflows you must click the name of the flowworkflow, or select Edit from the Action Menu to return to the flows workflows designer for subsequent modifications.save and exit icon to save the changes to your