Searchable Fields are controls in your form/workflow used as search criteria for submissions and tasks. It is up to the form/workflow designer to designate which controls should be set up as Searchable fields.
Forms/workflows can be a work in progess - requirements change over time. What happens if you need to add or delete Searchable fields and you want your previous submissions to reflect your changes? includes a web app (insight.war) that contains a batch process to extract all the latest submissions from and create Insight Server documents for them. Indexed submission data is stored in <frevvo-home>\data\solr directory and is needed for the Reports feature and Submission and Task searches. This web app is embedded in the <frevvo-home>\tomcat\webapps\frevvo.war file in the tomcat bundle.
Searchable fields can be refreshed for:
- Tenant level searchable items - must be initiated by the frevvo Cloud or customer in-house superuser administrator. Cloud customers must contact frevvo to request a refresh of Searchable fields for your entire tenant. frevvo will run the Refresh process during a time when your users are NOT using .
- Fields within forms/workflows in all tenants or a specific tenant will refresh the Searchable Fields selected in Form/Workflow properties.
- Searchable items (Projects, Forms, Schemas, etc.) in all tenants or a specific tenant will refresh the names & descriptions used in the Search feature.
- An individual form or workflow - can be initiated by Designers (owners), Tenant Admins or any designer user given permission to edit forms/workflows for a Cloud or in-house installation.
Run the Refresh Searchable
Follow these steps to manually Refresh Searchable Fields for all forms/workflows in all tenants or a specific tenant. This process is initiated by the frevvo cloud and in-house superuser administrators.
- Login as the server admin - admin@d
- Click the Refresh Searchable Items link on the Manage Server screen. The chart shows the following information for the last 1000 batch runs:
- Date and time when the batch job was Started
- Date and time when the batch job completed/failed/stopped or was marked abandoned.
- Status of the batch jobs previously run - completed/failed/stopped/abandoned.
- The user id and name of the user who ran the process.
- Description of the process - was it run for all tenants, a specific tenant or a particular form/workflow.
icon to initiate a new process. Use the
Refresh icon to update the table with the most recent information.
- If refreshing production forms/workflows, remember to run the process when the forms/workflows are not being used.
- You should be able to see all submission 60 seconds after the batch completes.
The Start Refresh of Searchable Fields screen displays.
Select what Searchable Data is to be refreshed:
Fields within Forms/Workflows will refresh the Searchable Fields selected in Form/Workflow properties.
Searchable Items (Projects, Forms, Schemas, etc.) will refresh the names & descriptions used in the Search feature.
- All - refreshes both of the above data types.
Select the tenant(s) for the batch job run. The choices are:
- All Tenants on the server
A Specific Tenant
- If you select Specific Tenant then you must specify the tenant name. Type part of the tenant id into the search field and click the Search button. In the image, the Refresh Searchable Fields process will run for a tenant named mycompany. Notice only a partial portion of the tenant id was typed into the search box to display the list of tenants that meet the search criteria:
- Click Submit to start the process. The Refresh Job Status screen redisplays with a success message, the Date and time the batch job began, the user who initiated the process, a description of the process and the status of the process as Started.
- Click the Back to Manage Server link to return to the Manage Server screen.