Designers should refer to the Save and Load topic for the details.
Save on Navigate
Imagine you are entering data into a large screenflow and something happens that causes you to navigate away from the workflow... you just lost all your work! . Checking the Save on Navigate property , saves the task to your Task List. automatically "bookmarks" your place in the workflow. Users You can go to their your Task List to retrieve the task and they will be returned to the screen where they you were when the browser was closed.
Let's say you have a screenflow with steps A > B> C and the user closes the browser at screen B. When the user performs the task from the Task List, the workflow will open up at step B.
Here is a short synopsis of when the current location is saved. Consider a workflow with the following steps/roles: Role1(A → B → C) → Role2(D) → Role3(E):
- The workflow is instantiated and step A is renderedA user in Role1 starts the workflow on Step A: does not save because it is the FIRST step (if the user abandons the workflow in the browser it is as if it never existed).
- The user clicks next: saves BEFORE step B renders.
- The user performs Step B and C, then clicks next: does not save because the role change will do a save to the db workflow will already be saved in the PENDING state due to the new role assignment on Step D.
- Role2 performs the taskStep D and clicks continue: no need to save here since the workflow is already saved in the db in the PENDING state.Role2 clicks continue: saves before the step is renderedstate due to the new role assignment on Step E.
- will not save if the step is READONLY - this might be the case if the user navigates back to a previous step that was performed by a different user.
- will not save when the workflow navigates from an HTTP/Anonymous Task step to the next one.
- will not save when the workflow is completed.
- , because it will already be saved in the SUBMITTED state.
When Save on Navigate is used on a screenflow with sequential steps performed by an anonymous user bring , it brings the user back to the workflow at the current/latest anonymous step if the Save on Navigate feature is selected.
Configuring Save on Navigation