The superuser admin can configure server-wide global data. One common use is for forms deployed from a development/test form server to a production form server. You often need information such as Urls configured one way in your dev/test environment and another way in your production envirionment. For example, a database in the dev/test environment might be located at http://mytest:1024/database/listManagers and in your production environment at.
To see all the places where templates can be used, refer to the chapter Templatized Strings.
To define your server-wide global data:
- There is no default _data.properties file. You must create one using a simple text editor such as Textpad.
- Add your global data to the _data.properties file. See below for an example of the syntax. Save the file.
- Login to the form server as the superuser admin
- Click Manage Default _data
- Click Browse...
- Locate your newly created _data.properties file.
- Click Upload.
- For subsequent edits of the _data.properties file, simply download the _data.properties file previously uploaded by clicking on the Download icon. Edit the file and upload the modified file as described above.
Here is an example of the syntax for a _data.properties file:
You will see the following message If you click on theDownload icon and an _data.properties file has not been uploaded to
Parameters defined in the _data.properties file can be retrieved using _data.getParameter in rules. Here is an example showing how you can set the value of control labels, help and hints dynamically in a rule.