This page contains the detailed changes made to the following products:
- Live Forms Online
- Live Forms In-house
Please visit Planning for v8.0 for an overview of the changes and enhancements in this release.
The enhancements, feature changes and tickets listed below are subject to change up until the final GA release date.
The list is incomplete and more items will be added over the coming days.
Items you see listed may be removed before the official GA release date at the sole discretion of frevvo.
This 7.0 documentation space is not complete. You will likely not find some 8.0 features/changes updated yet until the official GA release date.
Cloud Release Date: October 20, 2018
In-House Release Date: TBD
This is the initial GA release of Live Forms v8.0.0. It will be deployed to the frevvo Cloud on October 20, 2018. The release date for in-house customers is to be determined.
Flow Designer Improvements:
Intuitive UI for Flow Step Properties:
Flow Step Properties[TIP-22341]
- Workflow designer step on-hover feature shows more information about the underlying form for linked/non-linked steps [TIP-20707]
- Users can review the tasks they completed. [TIP-18070]
- Designers can specify a templatized value to replace "Anonymous" in tasks which are created by anon users.[TIP-22330]
- The Task List no longer automatically refreshes every 5 minutes.[TIP-22916]
Tasks performed by Anonymous Users:
- A task returned from an anonymous user shows the email address on the Task list. Audit trail entries for Email/Anonymous activities show the email address. [TIP-17740]
- Workflows can be rejected to a step that is performed by an Anonymous user. [TIP-18311]
- Tenant/Flow admins and the user who performed the prior step in a workflow can search the Task List for tasks waiting to be performed by an Anonymous user, perform them tasks themselves or reassign to an internal user. [TIP-20464]
- Task returned from an anonymous user show the email address on the Task list. Audit trail entries for Email/Anonymous activities show the email address [TIP-17740]
Refresh Searchable Fields:
Refresh Insight Data Batch Job Status now has a column to report if a batch was run for all tenants or a specific tenant. [TIP-20309]
- Initiate Refresh Searchable Fields for Individual Forms/Flows or the entire tenant no longer requires Admin priveleges. [TIP-22332]
Simple Anonymous Task:
- Tasks performed by Anonymous users are now simple to design. Anonymous Task steps in a workflow are implemented as a form step that is routed to an email address. [TIP-22208]
- It is no longer necessary to enter a single space in a Message control that is used as a spacer in a form/flow. Message controls can now be set to an empty string. [TIP-22186]
- The Data Source pane in the designer will now use the label annotation instead of the name in XSD elements and attributes when importing schemas into forms/flows. [TIP-22226]
- "Error Access Denied. This submission has already been processed" error message now displays when clicking the link in an Anonymous Task step email more than once. [TIP-22331]
View your Tasks:
- Users can review the tasks they completed.[TIP-18070]
Styling of XSD elements in the Data Source pane in the designer is now possible. [TIP-22346]
Data API allows custom roles to be set when creating a form. This feature is only provided when using the Delegating Security Manager in a Live Forms tenant. [TIP-22388]
Emails not formatting correctly after upgrade. [TIP-22537]
Doc Action post failures now include the Server name. [TIP-22759]
A new property to configure the size of the element label in the Form Designer Data Source panel.[TIP-22809]
The Apache Tomcat version in the Live Forms cloud has been upgraded to 8.5.32. [TIP-22951]
Visual Rule Builder now generates code for itemAdded if a rule contains repeating controls. [TIP-23061]
Flow designer functionality is not supported in the Internet Expolorer 11 browser. [TIP-23110]
- [TIP-13035] - Geo Location does not work for forms created inside the Flow Designer.
- [TIP-19450] - A submitted activity can be re-initialized and edited from the Email link if an Anonymous Task is the last step in a workflow.
- [TIP-19506] - A form that is configured with a Doc Action that is added as a workflow step executes when the flow is submitted.
- [TIP-20160] - The data API uses the userid instead of the uuid for URLs.
- [TIP-21788] - Options of a Dropdown control do not populate if the Options URL contains a templatized value of another dynamically populated dropdown. (#21830)
- [TIP-21811] - Rules with multiple when conditions exceed right side of the rule tree
|Version||Confluence Plugin||Database Connector||Google Connector||PVE Connector||Filesystem Connector||Box Connector||Sharepoint Connector|
|Live Forms v8.0.0||v5.4.0 (Confluence 6.5.1)||v2.5.5||v2.3.2||v5.5.0||v1.1.1||v1.0.3||v1.0.2|
End of Life Policy
frevvo supports major versions for two years after the first GA release date. For some releases, the End of Life Date may be extended. Documentation for Live Forms versions (in red - beginning with v5.1)) that are no longer supported is available on our frevvo Documentation Directory.
|Live Forms Version||Initial GA Release|
End of Life Date
|8.0.x||October 20, 2018||October 20, 2020|
|7.4.x||January 7, 2018||January 7, 2020|
|7.3.x||September 2,2017||September 2, 2019|
|7.2.x||April 29, 2017||April 29, 2019|
|7.1.x||December 18, 2016||December 18, 2018|
|7.0.x||July 23, 2016||July 23, 2018|
|6.3.x||February 13, 2016||February 13, 2018|
|6.2.x||October 31, 2015||October 31, 2017|
|6.1.x||December 23, 2014||January 29, 2017|
|5.3.x||June 4, 2014||June 4, 2016|
|5.1.x||June 1, 2013||June 6, 2015|
|4.1.x||December 12, 2010||October 5, 2014|
|3.4||July 9, 2009||July 9, 2011|