The initial release of Live Forms Version 8.0 will be deployed to the frevvo Cloud on 12/1/2018. Version 8.1 will be released for in-house customers on TBD.
Live Forms v8.0 contains new features that improve usability and makes designing forms easier. V8.0 is a Cloud Only release. A future release will be available for in-house customers.
Here are a few of the top reasons to upgrade:
Flow Designer Improvements:
- The Flow Designer canvas has been redesigned to display flow routing more clearly.
Simplified Workflow Routing to Users, Roles or an Email Address:
- Tasks performed by Anonymous users are now simple to design. Anonymous Task steps in a workflow are implemented as a form step that is routed to an email address. [TIP-22208]
Intuitive UI for Flow Step Properties:
Flow Step Properties[TIP-22341]
- Workflow designer step on-hover feature shows more information about the underlying form for linked/non-linked steps [TIP-20707]
- The Data Source pane in the designer will now use the label annotation instead of the name in XSD elements and attributes when importing schemas into forms/flows. [TIP-22226]
- View your Tasks: Users can review the tasks they completed. [TIP-18070]
- Designers can specify a templatized value to replace "Anonymous" in tasks which are created by anon users.[TIP-22330]
- The Task List no longer automatically refreshes every 5 minutes.[TIP-22916]
Tasks performed by Anonymous Users:
- A task returned from an anonymous user shows the email address on the Task list. Audit trail entries for Email/Anonymous activities show the email address. [TIP-17740]
- Workflows can be rejected to a step that is performed by an Anonymous user. [TIP-18311]
- Tenant/Flow admins and the user who performed the prior step in a workflow can search the Task List for tasks waiting to be performed by an Anonymous user, perform the tasks themselves or reassign to an internal user. [TIP-20464]
- Task returned from an anonymous user show the email address on the Task list. Audit trail entries for Email/Anonymous activities show the email address [TIP-17740]
- "Error Access Denied. This submission has already been processed" error message now displays when clicking the link in an Anonymous Task step email more than once. [TIP-22331]
Refresh Searchable Fields:
- Designers, administrators or anyone given the Edit form/flow permission can initiate a Refresh Searchable Fields process for Individual Forms/Flows to update existing submissions for changes to Searchable Fields. This no longer requires Admin privileges. [TIP-22332]
- Refresh Searchable Fields process table now has a column to report if a batch was run for all tenants or a specific tenant. [TIP-20309]
- It is no longer necessary to enter a single space in a Message control that is used as a spacer in a form/flow. Message controls can now be set to an empty string. [TIP-22186]
Styling of XSD elements in the Data Source pane in the designer is now possible. [TIP-22346]
Data API allows custom roles to be set when creating a form. This feature is only provided when using the Delegating Security Manager in a Live Forms tenant. [TIP-22388]
Doc Action post failures now include the Server name. [TIP-22759]
A new property to configure the size of the element label in the Form Designer Data Source panel.[TIP-22809]
The Apache Tomcat version in the Live Forms cloud has been upgraded to 8.5.32. [TIP-22951]
Visual Rule Builder now generates code for itemAdded if a rule contains repeating controls. [TIP-23061]
Flow designer functionality is not supported in the Internet Explorer 11 browser. [TIP-23110]
On This Page:
We recommend that you read the information below before you begin.
Automatic Upgrade for Live Forms Online (Cloud Hosted) Customers
Live Forms Online cloud hosted customers will be automatically upgraded on TBD. The automatic cloud upgrade will be seamless. Cloud customers should review these topics to prepare for the new version of Live Forms.
If you have any questions, please email email@example.com.
Migration Considerations for Cloud Customers
frevvo is committed to making Live Forms more intuitive and easier to use. Version 8.0 is the first phase of this effort. More features/improvements are coming in future releases.
Redesigned Flow Designer Canvas
When you launch the Flow Designer, you will see a more intuitive canvas to create/edit workflows. Designer can quickly see how the flow is routed and have easy access to the properties for each workflow step.
The new canvas:
- Displays workflows in a flow chart format.
- Adds Lines and arrows are automatically as you build/edit your flow.
- Flashing green “bulls eye” to indicate the exact place where a step is to be placed.
- Flow Step Properties are located on tabs that are easy to get to from the flow step or the Properties Navigator. Help text is provided to make configuration quicker and easier. Each tab contains a link to the documentation if more information is required.
- Designers are notified if tabs contain invalid information and in some cases, you cannot continue until it is fixed.
- Selecting a flow step shows important properties and their values via a new Properties Navigator and action icons relevant to the step e.g. create a linked step, edit the form associated with a form step etc.
- Preconditions represented as a decision box (yellow diamond)
- Simplified routing to a user, role or email address
- Linked steps display a double box indicating that the step is a copy of a prior step in the flow.
Existing workflows will automatically be converted to the new format when the Cloud is upgraded. No worries - at runtime your existing flows will work as before but they will look different when you edit them in the Flow Designer.
Easily Add an Anonymous Step to your Workflow
- Support old flows at run-time and editing at design time i.e. no 'anonymous task' provided in the palette
- Old flows are deprecated and will be supported for a limited number of releases. We need to mark such flows.
- Ensure there are no flows in flight and manually convert old flow by merging its configuration and deleting the anonymous task Make sure the task template in the Task Notification email is task.perform.url
- The new features of reassignment and reject will not be available to flows with EWN.
- The safest approach would be to copy the flow and make the change (manual versioning)
Refresh Searchable Fields per Form/Flow
View My Task
Enhanced UI for Workflow Step Properties
IE11 Browser no longer supported for Design
Live Forms In-house Customers
The initial release of Live Forms version 8.0 will be deployed to the frevvo Cloud on December 1, 2018. Version 8.1 will be released for in-house customers on TBD.