On This Page:
Hardware Requirements and Memory Configuration for your Server
Click here to review the recommended hardware requirements and memory configuration for your in-house server.
Live Forms™ in-house Quick Start Installation Guide:
The steps below describe the Tomcat bundle installation on a Windows system.
The following prerequisites must be satisfied in order to run in-house.
- http(s) connectivity to http://www.frevvo.com/ for licensing and software update.
- Review the Supported Platforms list.
- You must have the Java Development Kit (JDK) versions 1.7 or 1.8 or Java Runtime Environment (JRE) versions 7(update 21 or greater) or 8 installed on your system. Click here to go to the Java SE Downloads site if necessary.
- Version 7 downloads are located further down the page.
Be sure to accept the license agreement and select the correct version 32 (x86) or 64 (x64) bit depending on the architecture of your Windows system.
- When the download completes, click Run to install it.
- Return to this page and continue with Set Up the Environment when the download and the installation are completed.
Set Up the Environment
Quick Start Installation
Once you have a machine that satisfies the above requirements, you must:
- Register on frevvo's web site.
- Download the software.
- Generate your Customer License key.
- Unpack the download zipfile
- Install the customer license key.
These steps will guide you through the process.
- Register on frevvo's web site.
- You will see this message:
- You will receive an email to the address provided with a link to confirm your email address.
- Click on the email link to download the software to your local computer. We will unpack and install it after the license key is generated. Register a user name/password then click Submit.
You can generate a 30 day license by clicking on the Generate a trial License link on the screen that displays or clicking on the license manager link in the email you receive confirming that your activation was successful.
Save this email as it provides important information about Live Forms and links to the License Manager, customer support, documentation and Quick Start videos.
- Login with your registered user name/password to access the License Manager.
- You can manage your personal information and generate/manage in-house and Confluence licenses from this page. Click on the link to select the type of license you wish to generate.
- Click the link to generate a full feature 30 day trial license.
- Copy the license key. Click Back to My Account and logout of the License Manager.
Unpack the download zip
7.0 requires the Insight server for the Reporting feature. The Insight server is included in the tomcat bundle. It is recommended that you start the Insight server first before starting . Further configuration is not necessary for the trial period. Follow these steps:
- Unzip the frevvo zip file (downloaded in Step 4 in the previous section) into a location of your choice: e.g. c:\frevvo. We'll refer to this directory below as <frevvo-home>.
- Ensure that you do not have another server running on ports 8082 or 8983
- Open a command prompt. Navigate to <frevvo-home>\solr-5.4.1.
- Type bin\solr.cmd start to start the Insight server. This starts the Insight server in the background, listening on port 8983.
You will see this message:
Browse http://<your server:port>/solr to verify the Insight server is running. The <server:port> default values are localhost:8983. Change <your server> to the server name and <your port> to the port the Insight server is running on if they are different than the defaults. Do not include the angle brackets <>. You will see the Insight server (Solr) dashboard with the current status:
- Navigate to <frevvo-home>\frevvo and double-click Start frevvo. This starts tomcat on port 8082 with pre-configured.
- Open the ' home page in a new browser window. e.g. http://localhost:8082/frevvo/web/login
- Enter the license key you generated in the License Key box. Click Submit. The login screen will display.
Create a New Tenant
Your server installation is complete. Next you must create your first tenant.
- Browse this URL - http://localhost:8082/frevvo/web/login - Change the <localhost:8082> to the server:port where you installed , if necessary
- Login to as user admin@d, password "admin".
- Click the "Manage Tenants" link on the page that displays.
- There is a single tenant named d. This is the default tenant.
- Click the icon to create a tenant, fill in the form and submit it. The new tenant will be created.
We recommend that you do not use the admin user to create your own forms. Add a new user for that purpose.
Add a New User
- Click the icon, to administer the newly created tenant.
- On the page that is displayed, click the "Manage Users" link.
- There is a single user (the administrative user you defined when you created the tenant).
- Click the icon, fill in the form and submit it. Assign Roles to the user as desired. Note that you must assign the frevvo.Designer role to any users who wish to design forms.
- The new user will be created. Create as many users and assign them roles as needed.
- Logout of the admin account.
- is installed and ready for use. You can start building forms and workflows right away.
- Login as one of the newly created users with the frevvo.Designer role by filling in the user@<your tenant> ex: designer@mycompany and the password that you assigned to this user on the Login screen. The page that displays is called the Application Home Page.
- If you are new to and have not created any applications yet, you will see the following Getting Started message. Click the link to navigate to the Evaluation Guide for your version.
You can find examples on creating your own workflows on the Tutorials page. Refer to Getting Started for the next steps to follow to create forms/flows.
Use the Default Security Manager for your trial tenant. Once you have purchased a license for your tenant, you can switch the Security Manager of your tenant and retain forms/flows, users, roles and submissions.
Tenants using the Default Security Manager can be migrated to:
- Default Security Manager → LDAP
- Default Security Manager → SAML
- Default Security Manager → Azure SAML
Tenants using the LDAP Security Manager can migrate to:
- LDAP → SAML
- LDAP → Azure SAML
If you are planning to switch the Security Manager of your tenant to LDAP or SAML Security Managers in the future, make sure the users created in the default security manager tenant have the same user names as the users in your LDAP server or identity provider.
Detailed Installation Instructions
When you have completed the trial period and you are ready to customize your server software, please see the detailed In-house Installation Guide.
The bundle includes an HSQL embedded database. If you use the HSQL database during your trial period, you cannot migrate the data (user, roles, applications) automatically from HSQL to your production database. Once your production database is in place, you must manually:
- Create the tenants.
- Use csv upload feature to move your users/roles to the tenant.
- Download and upload the applications from designer user accounts in the trial database to the designer users in the new database.