On this page:
Install and Configure the Form Server
IIS configuration is a complex task. The integration steps below relating to your IIS web server should be performed by your IIS Web System Administrator.
It is very important that you first follow the basic Quick Start Guide and verify that works by itself by pointing a browser to http://localhost:8082/frevvo/web/login.
It is necessary to configure Tomcat to receive proxied requests from IIS.
- Stop Tomcat.
- In a text editor open FREVVO_HOME/tomcat/conf/server.xml
- Ensure that the AJP Connector is enabled by uncommenting out the section.
<Connector port="8009" protocol="AJP/1.3" redirectPort="8443"
- Start Tomcat
- Check that the configured AJP port is enabled and listening for requests. On a windows command prompt:
netstat -na | findstr 8009
When the tomcat server configuration is completed, install the IIS to Tomcat Connector.
Install the IIS to Tomcat Connector
- Download the connector project from: BonCode Connector website. Click on the link to download the latest version.
- To avoid multiple issues with using the zip file content, unblock the package before unzipping. Simply right click on the zip file and click “Unblock” on the “General” tab:
- Extract the project zip file.
- Execute the Connector_Setup.exe file.
- Accept the License Agreement and click Next.
- Follow the prompts and in the Apache Tomcat location details enter correct AJP port as configured in the tomcat server.xml file above:
- Click Next and use default values in all the prompts until you reach the Select Handler Mapping prompt.
- In Select Handler Mapping prompt select the option Servlet (add wildcard reference and pass all traffic to tomcat)
- If you see an access error like the one below, make sure that the Application Pool Identity (the security account set for the Application Pool) also has write permissions to C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET directory.
- To check the currently set identity, open IIS and right click on your Application Pool, then click on the Identity tab:
- Then in your Windows explorer, right click on C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET directory and click on Properties. Check if the identity user set of your Application Pool has the ‘write’ permissions for this directory. If not, then add the user permissions.
Test the configuration again by browsing http://localhost/frevvo/web/login
- Customers using LDAP SSO that see a "Value update failed" or "Update control failed" error intermittently occur on forms should reconfigure the AJP (IIS to Tomcat) connector with these settings to resolve the error: