provides a downloadable version for local installations that contains a copy of tomcat 7.0.35 setup to run without further configuration on a Windows systems. This bundle includes an HSQL embedded database. If you are planning to install a trial version of on Windows, sign up and register for the downloadable version.
Click on the link to download the frevvo.5.1.1.zip to your local computer.
You will automatically be sent an activation email providing a link to activate your account and generate a license key.
Follow the steps listed below in the The Quick Start Installation Guide for easy setup of in-house on a Windows system.
On This Page:
Live Forms™ in-house Quick Start Installation Guide:
The steps below describe the Tomcat bundle installation on a Windows system.
The following prerequisites must be satisfied in order to run in-house.
- http(s) connectivity to http://www.frevvo.com/ for licensing and software update.
- Review the Supported Platforms list.
- You must have the Java Development Kit (JDK) versions 1.6 or 1.7 or Java Runtime Environment (JRE) versions 6 or 7 installed on your system. A link to the Java SE Downloads site is provided below. You will see the screen shown in the image when you click on it.
- To download and install the JDK 1.7 or the JRE version 7, click the Download button under the JDK or JRE section. (Version 6 downloads are further down the page).
- Be sure to accept the license agreement and select the correct version 32 (x86) or 64 (x64) bit depending on the architecture of your Windows system.
- When the download completes, click Run to install it.
- Click here to go to the Java SE Downloads site. Return to this page and continue with Set Up the Environment when the download and the installation are completed.
Set Up the Environment
- If you downloaded the JDK then make sure that the JAVA_HOME environment variable is set to the installation directory of your JDK for example, C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.7.0_09. Refer to JDK/JRE Prerequisite for the details.
- If you downloaded the JRE then make sure that the JRE_HOME environment variable is set to the installation directory of your JRE for example, C:\Program Files\Java\jre7. Refer to JDK/JRE Prerequisite for the details.
Once you have a machine that satisfies the above requirements, please follow these steps:
Unpack the download zip
- Unzip the frevvo.5.1.1 zip file into a location of your choice: e.g. c:\frevvo. We'll refer to this directory below as <frevvo-home>.
- Ensure that you do not have another server running on port 8082.
- In a windows explorer go to <frevvo-home>\frevvo and double-click Start frevvo. This should start tomcat on port 8082 with pre-configured.
Generate and Install your Customer License Key
- After you register on the web site, you will receive an email with a link to activate your account and the user name that you registered.
- Click the link in the Activation email to activate your account. You should receive a reply stating that your activation was successful. Login with your registered user name to access the License Manager and generate a 30 day license.
- You can manage your personal information and generate/manage in-house and Confluence licenses from this page. Select the type of license you wish to generate.
- Click the link to generate a full feature 30 day trial license.
- Copy the license key. Click Back to My Account and logout of the License Manager.
- Open ' home page in a new browser window. e.g. http://localhost:8082/frevvo/web/login
- Enter the license key you generated in the License Key box. Click Submit. The login screen will display.
When the signup process is completed, you will receive a second email from frevvo providing important information about and links to the License Manager, customer support, documentation and Quick Start videos.
Create a New Tenant
Your server installation is complete. Next you must create your first tenant.
- Browse this URL - http://localhost:8082/frevvo/web/login - Change the <localhost:8082> to the server:port where you installed , if necessary
- Login to as user admin@d, password "admin".
- Click the "Manage Tenants" link on the page that displays.
- There is a single tenant named d. This is the default tenant.
- Click the icon to create a tenant, fill in the form and submit it. The new tenant will be created.
We recommend that you do not use the admin user to create your own forms. Add a new user for that purpose.
Add a New User
- Click the icon, to administer the newly created tenant.
- On the page that is displayed, click the "Manage Users" link.
- There is a single user (the administrative user you defined when you created the tenant).
- Click the icon, fill in the form and submit it. Assign Roles to the user as desired. Note that you must assign the frevvo.Designer role to any users who wish to design forms.
- The new user will be created. Create as many users and assign them roles as needed.
- Logout of the admin account.
- Login as one of the newly created users with the frevvo.Designer role by filling in the user, password and tenant fields on the Login screen.
- is installed and ready for use. You can start building forms and workflows right away.
You can find examples on creating your own workflows on the Tutorials and Webinars page.
Detailed Installation Instructions
When you have completed the trial period and you are ready to customize your server software, please see the detailed Installation Guide.