is a multi-tenant application. Tenants allow you to segregate groups of users and roles. User from one tenant cannot access users in any other tenant. Note: this does not apply to public forms/flow which do not require login access to a tenant.
The In-house superuser admin can create as many tenants on your form server as needed. Once the superuser admin creates the tenant, the tenant admin user can then login to manage the tenant, add users & roles, etc. See the Admin Home Page for differences between the superuser admin and tenant admin.
On this page:
The superuser admin can add new tenants to your server using the Manage Tenants page.
- Click to add a new tenant.
- Click to display the Manage Tenant page. You use the links on this page to edit the tenant information and manage the tenant's roles, users, form and control categories, and production forms.
- Click to edit the tenant information. This link displays the same page as the Edit Tenant link on the Manage Tenant page.
- Click to make a copy of the tenant.
- Click to remove the tenant from the server.
You cannot remove or copy the d (Default tenant).
The superuser admin can use the Tenant page to add a new tenant.
To display the Tenant page,
- Login as the superuser admin. Enter admin@d as the id and admin as the password. Click Manage Tenants.
- Click the plus icon to add a new tenant.
- Fill in the fields with the information for your new tenant.
- Click the Submit button to save.
Here is a brief explanation of the fields:
- Are you creating a tenant for Confluence? - Check this if you are planning on integrating with Confluence. If checked, the Security Manager Class field displays the Delegating Security Manager. This is the Security Manager needed for Confluence. If unchecked, the Frevvo Default Security Manager will be used.
- Tenant ID - Enter the tenant Id in this field - The tenant id can contain characters, numbers and the underscore. It cannot start with a number. The maximum length is 16 characters.
- Tenant Name - Enter the name of the new tenant.
- Tenant Description - Enter a description for the new tenant.
- Max Concurrent Users - Leave this field blank if you do not want to set a maximum number of concurrent users. Concurrent Users are users that are logged into simultaneously.
- Admin User Id - This is the tenant admin id. It can contain characters, numbers and the underscore. It cannot start with a number. The maximum length is 16 characters.
- Admin User Password - This is the tenant admin password. Notice the text will appear as bullets as you type.
- Reenter the Admin User Password - Reenter the tenant admin password. will display an error message, "Invalid Value" if what you type in this field does not match the contents of the Admin User Password field.
A tenant admin or a superuser admin can use the Tenant page to configure or edit information about a tenant.
To display the Tenant page:
- If logged in as a tenant admin click Edit Tenant.
- If logged in as a superuser admin click Manage Tenants and then click for the tenant you want to edit.
Note that you cannot change the Tenant Id, although you can change the Name and Description. Click the button to see details about a field. Click Submit to save your changes. The message "Your changes have been saved".
Tenant From Email Address
The Tenant From Email is used as the from email address for email notifications and doc action emails from forms and workflows in this tenant.
A user designing a form, viewing their task list, or using a form to enter values and submit has a certain number of minutes to complete the activity. This time limit is call the Session Timeout. By default the session will expire after 480 minutes of inactivity. When the session expires a designer user will have to re-login to to continue designing forms and users filling forms will have to get new form instance and re-enter the values. The tenant admin can override the default session timeout here. See Session Timeout topic in the Installation & Configuration Guide for full details.
Max Concurrent Users
The Max Concurrent Users field only appears if you are logged in as a superuser admin. This field enables you to restrict the number of users who can simultaneously login to a particular tenant. For example if you have purchased and installed a 20 user license key and want to set tenant A to use 5 and tenant B to use 15, setup that configuration here. See Concurrent Users for more information.
Max Users is subject to your license
The Deployment State lets you toggle the default deployment state of your form between two states: PRODUCTION and DEVELOPMENT. When a form is in development state it contains a watermark. If you have a unlimited user license key you may want all the forms created by the designer to automatically be deployed for production with no water mark.
See also the deployment form property.
Anonymous signup lets you publish a registration Url for your tenant so people can signup and create a user account in your tenant themselves. In the Edit Tenant form, check the anonymous signup property and then select the default roles you want them to have when they signup. You can click the "+" to add multiple roles. If you select the role designer, these new users will have permission to design forms and workflows.
Then publish the registration Url:
https://www.frevvo.com/frevvo/web/tn/<your tenant name>/register?edit=true
At this Url people will see a signup form.
When they submit this form they'll be notified via email to activate their account. Until they activate via the email their account will remain disabled.
Now this person has a user account on your tenant and can login. If you gave them the designer role they will also be able to create forms and workflows. If not, when the login, they will see their task list as shown below.
To setup your tenant, first login to your new tenant as the tenant admin. The tenant admin can add users to the tenant. You need to add at least one designer user in order to begin creating forms.
We strongly recommend that you do not use the admin user to create your own forms. You can create users and roles in your new tenant for that purpose.
- Click the Manage Roles link.
- You will see several pre-created roles: frevvo.Designer, frevvo.Editor, frevvo.Publisher, frevvo.ReadOnly.
- Click the icon, fill in the form and submit it to create new roles e.g. Employee or Manager.
- Click the Back to Manage Tenant link.
- Next click the Manage Users link.
- For In-house you will see a single user – the administrative user you defined when you created the tenant. Note that you will have to click the link to display All users. By default, only users beginning with the later A are displayed. For Onlne you will see two users – the administrative user and the designer username you specified when you signed up for your trial SaaS account.
- To create a new user with permissions to create forms, click the icon, fill in the form and select the role frevvo.designer. If you do not select this role then this new user will not be able to create forms but will only be able to use forms created by others.
- The new user will be created. Create as many users and assign them roles as needed.
- Logout of the tenant admin account and login as one of the newly created users with the frevvo.Designer role and start building forms and workflows.
- Note that you must login using either the syntax: userid@tenant for the user name and leave the tenant name login input blank. For example, if the newly created tenant was named example.com then all users in that tenant must login using the ID: email@example.com. Or alternatively you can enter username and tenant name in their own login page input fields.